Free Guide for WinBuilder with New VistaPE Scripts

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mustang, Nov 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mac25

Mac25 Registered Member

ok so i have downloaded the complete download from the winbuilder site using [v72a] and am now ready to build the dvd, i have acronis true image ehco WS with universal restore installed on my desktop pc, how do i add acronis to the winbuilder dvd?

OS = XP Pro sp2

2. GeorgeCz

GeorgeCz Registered Member

Is there a way to purchase multiple scripts on one Paypal submission?

3. mustang

mustang Developer

Hi George,

Yes. You can make a general donation for the total amount using the first donation button on the page. Then email me with the list of scipts you want. I'll send them back to you by email with zip files attached.

4. Mac25

Mac25 Registered Member

Building a VistaPE 11 using winbuilder 074 and the installed WAIK application i have found the box to add acronis true image 10 to my build, there is a note to use the "BartPE\files" directory during the build, i donot have acronis true image 10!

i have Acronis True image Echo Workstation with Universal Restore installed on my system, if i build the image with that box checked will it bring the needed files of my acronis products to the Build with the serial number needed?

if not will Winbuilder 074 be updated, or a newer version be created to do so?

5. mustang

mustang Developer

Hi Mac25,

The Acronis TI 10 script you are seeing is not my script. Since you do not have TI 10 installed on your system, you can't use it. Simply uncheck the box.

You need to download the script for True Image Echo Workstation from my website. See my signature.

6. Mac25

Mac25 Registered Member

Hello mustang! i had seen you pages and respect your work, does the downloaded script disclose how to use such a script and where it is to be placed?

i am also concerned about using "paypal", i am not a big ebayer nor am i a fan of paypal and have read many negative post where such an account had went wrong so i donot want a paypal account and donot trust paypal for such a transaction, i especialy donot want my account info anywhere near paypal and thier servers.

i guess i will have to wait and hope

7. FakeMind

FakeMind Registered Member

Hi Mustang thanks for very useful scripts! I recently purchasd one of your scripts to build a VistaPE disc but ran into a bit of a problem with not being able to find one of the needed Acronis files that the instructions said to copy into the Drivers folder:

schedul2.exe from C:\Program Files\Acronis\Schedule2

This was the only file that I could ot locate out of the 5 mentioned as there was no sign of it anywhere when doing a file search (but I did see references to it in the registry). So Anyway, I could build a bootable disk and launch Acronis ok, but without that file Acronis would not actually do any tasks like restore, validate etc. as I gather it's a required file. Can you tell me how I can fix this?

Cheers

8. mustang

mustang Developer

I am assuming you must be using a 64 bit system. The five files mentioned (including schedule2.exe) must be taken from a 32 bit system. You need to install TI on a 32 bit system and copy the files from the locations specified. Then put them in the folder in the script. The rest of the files needed will be picked up from your 64 bit system.

9. FakeMind

Hi Mustang, Yes I am using the 64 bit system as you mentioned, but I took the required files from a 32 bit installation of TI 11 on XP as the instructions described, however it is on the 32 bit system that I can not locate the schedul2.exe file. There doesn't appear to be any C:\Program Files\Acronis\Schedule2 folder and i have searched for all hidden files and folders as well.

10. mustang

mustang Developer

I see the problem. Schedul2.exe is to be found in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2. The mistake is in the ReadMe.txt file.

Sorry about that.

11. ozjeff99

ozjeff99 Registered Member

I could not get winbuilder to work with any scripts to provide VistaPE. I'm waiting for support.

12. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Have you downloaded and installed WAIK?

Can you outline what you've done so far, so as we know where to start looking for the cause of your problem.

Colin

13. ozjeff99

ozjeff99 Registered Member

Thank you collin, I would appreciate any help at this stage. I am running XP SP2 and I followed Mustang's guide. WAIK disk was created and installed. The problem is in the final few lines of the process. The log file reads below (sorry about formatting). It does not seem to depend on plugins as I tried without adding the TI 10 one from Mustang and it still had same log.

Appreciate any help I can get.
    Thanks

Processing section: [ExtractSystem32] From file: [%BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE\Build\Standard-3-Config.script]

DirMake - Directory already exists, ignoring: [%BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE\Build\system32]

Syntax Error - [ExtractAllFiles %BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE\Build\Standard-3-Config.script system32 %BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE\Build\system32 ]
    Shellexecute: [Hide] using: ["%BaseDir%\Projects\Tools\7z.exe"] with parameters: [x -y "%BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE\Build\system32\system32.7z" -o"%BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE\Build\system32"]
    FileDelete - Failed to delete [%BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE\Build\system32\system32.7z]
    IF - File does not exist: [%BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE\Build\system32\peshell.exe] executing command: [Message,Error extracting system files! Please send full log file to vistape@vistape.net]
    Message: Error extracting system files! Please send full log file to vistape@vistape.net
    IF - File does not exist: [%BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE\Build\system32\peshell.exe] executing command: [Halt,Error extracting system files! Please send full log file to vistape@vistape.net]

Error extracting system files! Please send full log file to vistape@vistape.net

14. mustang

mustang Developer

I don't have any idea what the problem is. I did a complete fresh start on a Win XP SP2 32 bit English system. I installed the WAIK. I ran a fresh download of WinBuilder 074 from C:\WinBuilder. I used the WAIK as the source. I followed every step of my Guide to the letter. It worked perfectly.

Are you sure the WimFltr driver was installed on the system the first time you ran WinBuilder? Check to see if WimFltr.sys is in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers. Also open a command prompt and enter net start WimFltr. Do you get a message that the WimFltr service has been successfully started?

Your error is coming early on in the build process from the Shell & Config script. Look under the Build + sign in the VistaPE project. The error happens long before the build gets to my script.

I suggest you try to start over again on a different computer. Something is obviously wrong, but I don't know what.

15. FakeMind

Thanks Mustang I ended up finding it there. I'm not sure why it didn't turn up when I searched the hard drive.

16. truthseeker

truthseeker Former Poster

Doesnt work!

17. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Can you be more specific about what you are not able to accomplish and how the problem presents? First thing is to double check that your are following Mustang's steps precisely.

18. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Well thats not going to allow any one to help you.:D Supply specifics about what doesn't work and Mustang or someone else will pop in to help you.

19. Mac25

Mac25 Registered Member

WinPE ISO builder in included in Ti Echo WS, has anybody had any success building a WinPE from there, either using the WAIK or a Vista DVD, as i sure havnt, if not will it be fixed in the next build of Ati Echo WS?

20. truthseeker

I downloaded and installed WAIK (900MB) and followed the instructions given by Mustang.

But it doesn't recognise WAIK as a source and it failed.

21. truthseeker

This is incorrect! Winbuilder doesn't recoginise WAIK as a source at all, even if it's installed on a Vista system!

22. Lash

Lash Registered Member

I have Acronis True Image 7.0 (build 597) and it does everything I need except for one thing.

It's not able to restore to a "SATA" hard drive. I thought after finding this site I had a fix but see there is no "script" for my Acronis version.

Is there any other way to "fix" my version so it will see my new "SATA" drives?

I'm running Win XP Pro SP2.

23. mustang

mustang Developer

Unfortunately, no. TI 7.0 will not work in BartPE or VistaPE. Acronis had to redesign snapman.sys to make it work in BartPE. That was done part way through the run of TI 8.0.

24. Lash

Lash Registered Member

Thank you for the quick response. I take it then upgrading to 8.0 would allow me to use your scripts?

25. mustang

mustang Developer

I've written a VistaPE script to add drivers for unsupported hardware. A section explaining how to use it has been added to the VistaPE Guide.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.