Free firewall to test

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Paul2, Sep 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul2

Paul2 Guest

I really need your input on this one :

AS3 Personal Firewall 1.0b Beta

AS3 Personal Firewall is device designed to prevent outsiders from accessing your network. The unit serves as the single entry point to your network and evaluate all TCP connections requests as they are received comparing them with each rule in the policy. This is advanced easy to use software with ability to watch for all ports on your system without listening. Activity provides a real-time view of the open connections through the firewall. The rules editor is used to define a security policy where connections requests from unauthorized ip addresses and ports are rejected. The log viewer provides data connection notes that can be used for prosecuting the potential attackers. Use the rules editor to specify the destination and service for each rule with the required action......
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just installed, is totally free (and is not a ''rogue'' app), seems to be very '' easy '' in resources but i need more ''pro'' opinions on this, maybe some tests etc..

Screenshot:
    http://klitetools.com/screens/a/AS3 Personal Firewall.gif

Download it here:
    http://www.klitetools.com/comments.php?catid=47&shownews=4438

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Judging from the description and screen shots, it's just an inbound filter? Not sure, but it doesn't appear to have any outbound app control etc. So for this type of thing, there already exists CHX, which should be far superior in all regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.