free firewall for sucky Trendmicro Antirvus w/ Antispyware

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by germaphobic, Nov 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. germaphobic

germaphobic Registered Member

Hi,

I need a free firewall that won't conflict with Trendmicro w/Antispyware (which comes with no firewall). I know that this is a pretty crappy suite but I have a free subs for a year.

I hear that alot firewalls conflict with this program. I also can't deal with any potential issues, since I usually create more problems when try to fix them.

So if anybody has any knows of any compatible firewalls that will work smoothly with this product please let me know. BTW I am using VISTA home premium

Cheers

2. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

I have used Comodo Firewall with TMIS Pro 2009 ( minus firewall). Its a good combo, since Comdo HIPS (defense+) will protect against anything that Trend Micro misses. But on the hindside, Comodo is HIGHLY TALKATIVE... So if pop-ups don't bother you and you want deep security, Comodo is the choice.

Else, I recommend Online Armor Free. Its less talkative and provides great protection.

3. 3xist

3xist Guest

You can also install Comodo Firewall without Defense+ inactive if you want (On a clean install) out of the 3 options in CIS installer with the Firewall only.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.