Free email service with no javascript and no cookies?

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by TheGhost, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGhost

TheGhost Registered Member

I'm trying to setup a free email account with XBbrowser, but all of the free email services i've tried so far use javascript or cookies.
    Does anybody know a webbased free email service i can use with XBbrowser?

2. danielspencer2

danielspencer2 Registered Member

fastmail.fm

3. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

The problem is sessions. If you use webmail you are probably in trouble. Authentication is when you enter in your login/pw, but the session then starts either by setting a cookie (method 1) or by having a session id written inside the url (method 2). If you are using the free xB Browser, then you are going over the tor network, and the evil exit traffic sniffers of the tor network can capture both your cookie or your session id and get all your mail/credentials.

4. TheGhost

TheGhost Registered Member

So basicly webbased email is crap. The XB browser is pretty much useless if traffic can be sniffed by TOR exit nodes.

5. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

Let's expand on that. xB Browser can use Tor network or Xero network for anonymity. It is my conclusion, after a recent study of surveillance systems, that tor unnecessarily and drastically increases your security risks beyond the benefit of the anonymity it may convey. In the case that you don't have access to Xero, I would strongly suggest switching to Jap (anonymity network) + Jondos (trusted exit node entity) instead of Tor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.