Free desktop virtualizer 3d cube for win works with FDISR

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Horus37, May 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Well that might been enough to sway me away from it too but i have only a single interest in what it does and that is gives my eyes & brain a break from the $M default positions of icons on the desktop. Heck, right now and untill i can find a way to "lock" those settings i don't even mind losing them on reboot so long as a single click shifts them back to the opposite end again. I guess i am so disgusted and weary of the way microsoft welds everything to their choice and expect us to have to live with it forever.

Thats not happening with everything so long as there are plenty of third-party developers around.

2. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Actually the inability to use the colored text wasn't a big thing for me as much as finding the icons in disarray every time I booted. They would be scattered. I really liked having the icons along the bottom of the screen. It was easy on the eyes. Thanks for sharing the app, I appreciate the gesture.:)

3. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Since it is freeware and newly created i'll contact the developer/author myself via PM at the forums and put a bug in his view that it loses icon settings each reboot and i can almost guarantee he'll look into that issue and release one with better satisfaction. Their pretty responsive because that forum is been a great launching ground for some very nice Windows enhancements.

Regards

4. Horus37

Horus37 Registered Member

edit: update. Not sure if my situation is unique but after I downloaded this program the desktop icons for it don't copy over to a new snapshot correctly so I notified the developer of this and let's see if a fix can be made.

5. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

W00t! I finally got ICONOID to "obey" your commands to SAVE the icon layout even after a reboot. Involves just a little manipulation on our part but works to perfection thank goodness.

After you have all your ICONS set as you so choose to see them be then go to the program and select to SAVE. Also you need ICONOID to start with windows of course to maintain consistency. I see that after you select to save them, any moving of icons or adding new ones WILL NOT adhere automatically, you have to position them and again select to SAVE that layout.

Now the key is to keeping them as you want IS NOT from the program itself but rather the Right-Click Menu. Set them and right click on any of them and choose SAVE. If you find them moved again at anytime during either a desktop refresh or otherwise REMEMBER! use the rigth click menu to RESTORE the layout and they should snap right back to the order you set for them.

Hope this helps. I discovered tons of excellent windows enhancements at Aqua-Soft Forums of the years from freelance developers all the way to the high-end professional marketers. That be my source for many moons now and my Windows O/S never looked better or had so many extra features microsoft would never even conceive of sharing with us. LoL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.