free audio converter

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by minacross, Mar 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minacross

minacross Registered Member

I need a free audio converter that converts from one type to another espeicially from MP3 to RA,RM :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

2. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Hi,

Maybe I'm just not awake yet, and not thinking straight, but these are Real formats, right? If they're the ones I'm thinking of, they're proprietary and the Real people very zealously guard them and make sure no one else comes out with a player/recorder that can handle them.

So you're probably out of luck -- but maybe someone else has better info (wouldn't be the first time ;) ).

Best,
    Mike

3. root

root Registered Member

If you do a search on Google you will find several programs, some free perhaps. I have not tried any so I would not recommend anything to you.
    Perhaps you can find something there if no one has any suggestions.

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

5. deadmanschest

deadmanschest Registered Member

dbPowerAmp with Codec Central addins..

Just the ticket - you need the dbPowerAmp Music Converter, great freeware tool, and excellent support and documentation..There is also a great CD ripper in the CD extractor and an Auxialliary input that allows you to convert on the fly from audio you pipe into your line in or microphone inputs on the PC.

The basic feature is a right click context menu converter that allows you to right click an audio file and convert to many many formats, with installed coders/decoders.

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

Then you go over to Codec Central, and download the needed codecs for the formats that you wish to convert to - for example you could choose Monkey's Audio, and Real (for ra, .ram and .rm) and flac or shorten as well. Fabulous resource and great tool.

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central.htm

There is a new Beta out, I am still using the version 1 and will stick with for a while.

Good luck, its a must-have tool.

dmc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.