Free ATI 7 is it worth it

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by LoneWolf, Nov 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

PC World is offerimg a free copy of Acronis True Image 7.0 HERE
    My question is is V7 any good ? (bugs,etc.)
    Its gotta be better for me then just relieing on Rollback Rx.
    Cash flow problem is preventing me from buying any software at the moment.
    Any experences/advise would be helpful.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Try it ... if it works for you then keep it. Otherwise just uninstall it. If you do install it, though, make the bootable Rescue CD to try your Backup and Recovery. And I highly recommend that you do an actual restore to a spare hard drive to make sure it works.

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I am using it since one year or so.Flawless.

4. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

...7 always worked for me, get it.

5. DwnNdrty

aigle and meriadoc, do you do your True Image procedures from the installed software in Windows or from the bootable Rescue CD? I actually started using TI from ver 7, but, if memory serves, I believe I had problems with usb connected devices. I'm now using ver 9 and together with the BartPE combo, it does all I need.

6. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Yes, i still use TI 7 on a couple of older computers and it works flawlessly, no problems imaging/restoring to usb hdd's or flashdrives. I don't know how it would fair on a recent system however.

If you have a seagate or maxtor hard drive then you can get a free version of ATI 10 from the manufacturers websites.

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I don,t use CD at all. But all my images are on same internal HD, just on another partition.

8. DwnNdrty

Wow, aigle, on the same internal drive .... you must like living dangerously. :D :D Surely you have another backup somewhere else?

9. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Yes, my recovery CD!:D

10. shieber

shieber Registered Member

The short term finanical economy of this strategy is self-evident. The long term risks are larger is not as visible. If the drive fails, the backups are not available for recovery. That means a hdrive failure will involve a lot of time and effort rebuilding a new drive from scratch -- that, plus the fact that your expenditure on the bafkup software will have been resources expended towards unacheivable goals, like avoiding having to rebuild a drive from scratch.

If your time is really cheap or you simply cannot afford a second hard drive, storing backups onthe same physical disk might be the closest one can come to a sensible backup strategy, but it's a risky, and often costly route to follow and not one that I've ever heard recommended by anyone with computer experience.

11. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

I've never had a problem with ATI, at home I'm using 9, 11 and also 10 through maxtor.
    @ DwnNdrty, always as you do with usb hdd.

12. dfenn_x384

dfenn_x384 Registered Member

don't download this version - it's a trial version that go for 15 days only!

13. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Thanks for the warning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.