Free antiviruses in Korea

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Windfresh, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Windfresh

Windfresh Registered Member

Hi everyone!
    Here is the news about free antivirus services,provided by the major Korean portals Naver www.naver.com , Daum www.daum.net , Yahoo Korea www.yahoo.co.kr .
    But I have questions to the Korean visitors of Wilders. I wonder if they can elucidate the situation with free antiviruses, granted by Korean portals.Can only registered usres of portals make use of those antiviruses or they are open for downloading? Which antiviruses alongside with Ahnlab,Virus Chaser(Korean clone of Dr.Web), Hauri and Kaspersky are available in South Korea to be used free of charge.
    Will be grateful for clearing up the situation.
    Here is the link to the news and the very text of it:

http://www.zdnet.co.kr/etc/eyeon/internet/0,39036962,39165132,00.htm

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2008
  2. i_g

i_g Registered Member

Well, you can use the free version of avast! (under the Home license). I mean, you can use it anywhere, of course - not just in Korea - just that a Korean language version is available, too.

3. PierreF

PierreF Registered Member

Will other portals like Yahoo.de offer this too?

4. PierreF

PierreF Registered Member

However, a company called ESTsoft released a new AntiVirus Alyac to customers a month ago free of charge. This AntiVirus contains virus/malware scan & cure (HiVE, Auto Update etc), real-time protection and system tune-up (Registry & HDD fix, controlling installed ActiveX etc). I tried it myself and found it had a nice user interface and shows good performance based on two famous virus engines Bitdefender and PC Ziggy.

http://asia.cnet.com/blogs/digihunter/post.htm?id=63001626

ESTsoft, a software developer, said it will start distributing its new vaccine program Alyac for free starting Thursday. Anyone who wants to use it can download it from the company's website www.alyac.co.kr.

http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/news/200712/200712270014.html

5. Windfresh

Windfresh Registered Member

Thanks to all for the answers!
    I wonder whether other national portals offer the same free services but AOL.

6. computer geek

computer geek Registered Member

we will wait and find out..

7. computer geek

computer geek Registered Member

well, i have to say that lots south korean people have not even heard of kaspersky or norman, they use their own like virobot and stuff, usually these are paid for, but some are lifetime liscences. Its not very good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.