Free 3 Months VPN at Glarysoft

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by MisterB, Nov 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterB

MisterB Registered Member

This give away is 3 months of VPN service from SecurityKISS. I just checked the pricing and it is their second highest level of service and would cost around $23US for the service if paid for.

http://giveaway.glarysoft.com/securitykisstunneljadeite(3months)-592/

I've never heard of them before but the price is right. I'm setting up a VM to test it and will put it on another laptop I own later to test it on a real machine.

2. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

67% have given this a thumbs down.

Any reason.?

3. MisterB

They seem to be complaining that it is only for 3 months and not a perpetual license. I don't have a problem with it after seeing their website. It looks good enough to stream BBC or Netflicks if you don't reside in the US or UK. I will just see how it works and if it doesn't, I won't have lost anything. I did one test install and it felt pretty easy and light on the system but the VM I'm getting ready is stuck on a MS update download and I won't do more testing for an hour or so.

4. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

That looks to be a poor design on that part of the website. I wonder how many clicked on thumbs down looking to see what the negative comments were and ended up voting that instead.

5. MisterB

Ok, it took a bit but I've gotten it working on the VM. So far so good. It was a bit complicated to install--I had to give an email address and download an install file with an individualized client certificate after I installed the Glarysoft file. I ended up doing this three times with three emails and getting three copies with 3 different certificates so I'm set to play with this.

Once installed, it is pretty straightforward and easy to use. I will test it for speed when I'm not doing anything else with my internet connection. There is only one server that is "torrent enabled" on the server list so it might not be so good for anonymous bit torrenting but it looks good for other VPN uses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.