Freaking out here ...

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by linkot, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linkot

linkot Registered Member

I have ESET NOD32 Version 4.2.64.12
    Vista

While browsing, I just had one of the phony popups that start fake scanning, etc. I canceled out of the cycle and thought I'd better run Malwarebytes and do an on-demand NOD32 scan. I'm shocked to see 32 infiltrations!

Warning
    Threats found

and they all relate to Users\me\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\ and then a series of numbers.

Is this a virus or an infiltration attempt NOD32 caught and contained? What should I do? Is it safe to delete all of them?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. linkot

linkot Registered Member

Thanks so much!
    What's with Java?
    Thanks too for the link.

4. vtol

vtol Registered Member

it is safe to delete the java cache.

java script is often used in malicious web sites to transport malignant code to user's machine. NOD with web protection enabled would catch most of it, but not always all of it

5. linkot

linkot Registered Member

Thanks!

I do have the full version of Malwarebytes but was told not to run it along with NOD32! I figure NOD32 is the more important safeguard. I run Malwarebytes at the end of each day. Are you saying that it is safe to run them together?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  6. vtol

vtol Registered Member

depends on the capacity of your machine, but in general running 2 AV products dual in real time scanning mode is not so much recommended. reckon your setting with MWB on demand is the better solution. none of them is 100% but in good combination one might can come close to it

7. linkot

linkot Registered Member

Thank you.

Wonder if ESET is considering adding the function (malware) to NOD32 sometime in the future. Makes good sense to me ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.