Foxmail email client.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Ghostcat, Mar 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghostcat

Ghostcat Registered Member

Has anyone used this email program?

I have been using it for a couple of weeks now and I really like it.

It is text based with option to view html email through your browser. Lets you check your email on the server with options of what to do. Has templates text and html with option to do your own.

About.

http://fox.foxmail.com.cn/english.htm

http://www.uchzeichen.de/fpo/foxmail.htm

Download.

http://www.webattack.com/get/foxmail.shtml

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Hi Ghostcat

Foxmail is a good e-mail client and at the present time probably one of the better free client programs available. Over the last 3 years I must have tried all the available free e-mailers and I ended up using Foxmail for the longest time.

Easy to set up and the interface is much easier to use than Pegasus.

Most people stick with Outlook/Outlook Express and do not realise that there are 'safer' alternatives out there.

I used Foxmail for about 9 months but I am now using Pocomail. Highly recommended if you have any pennies to spare. Otherwise stay with Foxmail as the last version was a big improvement on the previous one and this bodes well for the future.

There was a good unofficial support site from what I can remember- simply place 'Foxmail' in Google to find it.

3. root

root Registered Member

I agree. I think FoxMail is a better choice than OE or Outlook, but if you can afford it Poco is awsome.
    Paul likes The Bat and I tried it but found it confusing to me, so I stick with Poco.
    By the way - who let all the cats in the house? :D

4. Ghostcat

Ghostcat Registered Member

Will have to give Poco a try. I have tried other email programs and have always went back to OE until now. Can usually tell if I am going to like a program within minutes after install.

I thought I saw a puddycat. :)

5. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

Mozilla has a nice mail programme with it. Its fine with mailwasher too. :)

6. crockett

crockett Registered Member

;)Hi guys...

Ever tried the free Calypso mail client ? Always been impressed by and pleased with it...

Very nice security features too !

See this thread to dwl version 3.30 (once installed, the splash screen will display Calypso 3.2, but the Help tab in the program will confirm that it is indeed version 3.30).

The fully featured free version Calypso 3.30 is embedded in the executable 2.04.001.

The easiest download is available at http://www.soonet.ca/ftp/mail/calypso.exe

Comments on Calypso can be obtained at
    http://10xshooters.com/calypso-free/

Please post to comment on this soft...

Rgds, Crockett :cool:

7. Phazor

Phazor Registered Member

Been Looking and trying out Email clients also, however i have not tried Foxmail. Have tried Bat, Becky, Poco, Calypso, Mailwarrior, EmailExpress ?, Pegasus, seems as there were 2 others but they slip my mind at the moment.

Mailwarrior seemed like a nice free one but i think its dead in development. The Bat just seemed "overboard" for what i was looking for although i did like it, but i also wanted to get something that the whole family could use and it just seemed really techincal.
    Anyway i nailed it down to 4 so far.

Becky,Poco,Calypso, :) and staying with OE o_O

I really like becky but not sure i can budget it for 2 'puters
    Unless its changed i think its $40.00. Per copy.

Poco, is nice but just havent been able to get used to the way it works, and the screen just seems cluttered in comparison to OE and Becky. But on the plus side its Safe, and cheaper.

Calypso im liking it also, and seems a little bit simpler for family

They all have their plus and minuses.

Crockett.... have you noticed that theres a new version of Calypso coming out, called "Courier" .. know anything about it?? . Would be interesting to see what this program will be like in compairson to the above ones.

8. root

root Registered Member

Take a look at my screenshot.
    Doesn't look so cluttered, I think.
    Lots of skins available.
    Also, there only two places to worry about setting it up.
    One is tools\accounts and the other is tools\options.
    With a little messing around, I found it to be very user friendly.
    The choice is your's and I have no reason to push Poco other than I like it and it is safe and easy to use.

Attached Files:

• Poco.gif
      Poco.gif
      File size:
      22.4 KB
      Views:
  9. crockett

crockett Registered Member

Hi guys ;)

Phazor, yes I saw a new version seems to be on its way... Don't know which new features (if any !? Why wanna "improve" something already near-perfect ??) are coming up, but Courier ain't gonna be freeware any longer (Calypso 3.30 is completely freeware).

To make a long story short, the new owners of Calypso are gonna be switching back to the shareware mode... (Hope they're not gonna make a mess out of this program the same way ATGuard has been spoiled when it got bought by a large company I won't name ;))

I know there are a lot of pretty good sharewares and paywares outthere, and I don't wanna advocate that any piece of software should be free of charge - of course everyone has the right to be paid for his work, developers as much as anybody else... Having said that, it's nice to have some freewares available, and even nicer if those are top-quality class - such as Calypso 3.30.

A few other mail clients may be as good as Calypso 3.30 - I would certainly agree with that too.

No doubt PocoMail (see Root's post) looks to me another exceptionally good client... (Root always chooses among the best softwares :D)

Rgds, Crockett :cool:

10. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

And I'll weigh in for poor, beaten-up OE! Never had any reason to actually look for another email client - properly configured, properly guarded by an AV product, and used with safehex - OE isn't a problem.

Just my .01 Pete

11. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

Just don't add me to address book, please :D

12. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

GASP! You're already IN there! Do send me a note if I begin sending you virii, would you? Pete

13. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I have used Calypso happily for 3+ years now. It is stable, easy on resources, excellent filter system, fast, efficient, easy to use, secure. Free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.