foxit reader - script error when opening pdfs

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by chrome_sturmen, Dec 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrome_sturmen

chrome_sturmen Registered Member

hey guys, for some few days now, when opening pdfs with foxit, i'm getting the error "an error has occurred in the script in this page" pathXX/jquery.min.js - access is denied.

i've even turned off scripting in foxit, and it still does it. i tried reinstalling, updating java, resetting internet explorer settings, nothing resolves it.

ive tried adobe reader and sumatra reader, i was just gonna switch and forget about it, but ive gotten so used to using foxit that id prefer to continue on with it, if i could.

the last couple things i did before the error began, was install mwbae, and install the emet, both which i have since removed (just installed them to test out the software a bit)

in any case, anyone have any thoughts? thanks much o_O

2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

3. chrome_sturmen

chrome_sturmen Registered Member

stapp- thanks much for that link, i've resolved it. the solution was to go into Preferences (File -> Preferences) and go to General. Uncheck "Show Start Page" and "Show Advertisement"
    odd.. but it fixed it.
    much obliged :thumb:

4. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

No problem :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.