Four Internet privacy laws you should know about

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by lotuseclat79, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

2. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

Lawmaking in a nutshell:

Step 1. Put something out there.

Step 2. Gauge reaction. How did they react? If acceptable, move on to step 3. If not, reword law and try again. Accepted? Go to step 3. No good? Remove the most irritating part from the law and push the law through.

Step 3. Pat backs

Step 4. Add in irritating part back into law already in effect after some time when people have forgotten about it.

Step 5. Flip middle finger at opposition.

3. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

Political and economic motivations aside, it's obvious that the powerful want information and control.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Benjamin Franklin
    February, 1775

4. PaulyDefran

PaulyDefran Registered Member

I *really* wish we had a 'privacy politics' sub forum. Who better to discuss, and defeat this stuff, than the members here.

PD

5. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

Not going to happen unfortunately. Look, I get it, politics riles people up and the mods don't want a Democrats vs Republicans, Communists vs everybody else, yada yada. I totally understand that. But, the thing is, this threat isn't even a party thing, it never has been. Republicans in my country started this road to wireless wiretapping and all these other things, but now that Democrats are in office, it's gotten worse. Does that mean they are worse than the Republicans? Not one bit. It means simply that there has been this switch to "Big Government" for a lack of a better way to put it. It's happening all over the world now, and for a reason. Technology can treat the symptoms, but it won't cure the disease. I can hide behind a VPN all I want, but wouldn't it be better to change the hearts of the people leading? There needs to be a change in the minds of leaders, not the leaders themselves. There needs to be transparency and accountability to the people they lead. Changes need to be made to data collection laws including how corporations collect. Politics isn't about who is doing things, it's about what is being done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.