Found infected file but can't do anything to it

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Corrupted, Jul 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corrupted

Corrupted Registered Member

Hi -
    My program found an infected file, but no options other than "leave" is available. I'm able to follow the path to the file, but unsure if it will be bad to delete this particular file. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks.

Here is the path of the infected file...
    Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\proc.jar-26da99ab-37b83cb7.zip is infected with multiple infiltrations.

Thanks in advance

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Click on Start> Control Panel> Java (this is in the Windows Control Panel).

In the General tab, you will see “Temporary Internet Files”, click the "Delete Files" button.

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

3. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Yup I hate that - If an infection is in an archive, NOD can't do anything about it.
    You have to manually find it in some weird location, open it and delete the infected file.
    Even my old Panda AV from 2001 could do this, and still leave the archive useable.

All the other features in NOD is perfect though.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Would Disk Cleanup work also?

5. kalpik

kalpik Registered Member

Yes! Thats exactly what i dislike about NOD32 too! Please try to impliment this feature in future releases!

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What you can do is to set the action performed on archives to Delete on the Action tab of the on-demand scanner setup before you click the Scan&Clean button.

7. kalpik

kalpik Registered Member

Thanks for the info! But tell me something, this will delete the whole archive? What if my archive contains 100 files with only one infectedo_O

8. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Yes but there are a few problems with that I think.

1. It deletes the whole archive, so you gotta select 'copy to quarantine' if you wish to save any other files the archive contains. I guess this works really well for smaller archives, but not the bigger ones because it takes time to copy into the quarantine folder too.

2. Now you gotta restore it (which also takes some time) and still open the archive and delete the infected file, because you wanna save all the other files. And you also gotta move it back to it's original location.

Very time consuming indeed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.