Forward Phish to McAfee?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by baumgrenze, Nov 18, 2014.

1. baumgrenze

baumgrenze Registered Member

This came in today's email and Avast and Earthlink failed to declare it SPAM

I looked for a way to forward it to either Avast or McAfee and found it is not simple to find a forwarding address for stuff like this. You'd think they would be interested, especially when their name is involved. I don't think reporting stuff like this should require hours of searching for the right address or a website page with box after box to fill.

baumgrenze

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2014
  2. fax

fax Registered Member

3. baumgrenze

baumgrenze Registered Member

fax,

Thanks for the link.

I saw this and decided it was not relevant.

1) I am not a McAfee user. They enter into the picture because someone is posing as McAfee in the phishing email I think they should see. They have the resources to track down the phisher.

2) I have no idea if it would have been caught by their AV. I was their customer years ago and their attitude towards me sent me elsewhere.

I was just trying to be a good web citizen and stop the phishers.

Do you know the e-mail address you cite? If not, I think I will let this drop since I have few supportive feelings for McAfee.

thanks,

baumgrenze

4. fax

fax Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.