Forum section suggestion

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Juggernaut, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Registered Member

Been looking around and noticing a lot of threads that are devoted to nothing more than complaints and overall anger based at products discussed on this forum.

Looking at these mixed in with all of the relevant threads with helpful information and technical advise can be entertaining but often more of an eyesore.

Perhaps the powers that be here at Wilder could create a forum section devoted to product complaints and move the threads that have no technical merits whatsoever to, and perhaps setup a rule having users create new topics there. People wanting to complain and fight with other users will have their own little place to go to town and leave the more important discussions going on in the other sections of the forum untainted.

Just a suggestion and I was bored and really needed to type something to uncramp my fingers from lack of use.

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I tend to agree with you here,I honestly admitt of off topic post at times myself,but never get in to a pissing match.that said there has been some very good post started with some brite minds in here that I learned something from.the fact of the matter, I have learned a lot since comming to wilders.Sadly though some great post started as of lately, seems to take a turn for the worst.:(

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Nice idea but, it would never work. (It's funny to think of people actually fighting only in a designated sections.) First of all, product discussions happen in relevant forum sections. The dedicated vendor sections have threads that are mainly posted by members asking for help. Yes, a lot of those are complaints since most times when someone has a product problem, they are angry and their wording often comes out as complaining, even though many of those issues have resolutions and the same person ends up happy with the help they get.

All the general forums are the place to discuss software that fits into the product space the section is based on. So that is the same situation, relevant and helpful threads about say a particular anti-malware product get mixed in with the far less than helpful and useful threads.

Actually, complaints and fightiing often get mixed right into individual threads that contain very useful and helpful information. Frankly, every thread could contain good information and be a useful topic for others, it all depends upon the members that reply in it and what they post. Likewise, any thread can turn into a bickering mess based upon the members replying in it.

Since you never know what thread will have a gem (or many) of information when it starts, you'd never know if that thread was "a keeper" and be highly valuable to others later on. In order to end up with all the valuable threads separated from less useful posts, we'd be forever moving threads and worse, cutting all the less than useful posts right out of the threads that are the keepers. It'd be a nightmare and quite impractical to manage, I'm afraid.

4. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Yes, I can see your point, It would never work and besides that a constant moving threads and removing would a royal pain I imagine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.