Forum Operational Question

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by RENisME, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RENisME

RENisME Registered Member

Not sure if the following feature is generic for all users?

Using IE7 as I view the list of forum subjects a small text window pops up with several paragraphs of content within the message prior to opening the thread.

My question is how can I extend the time that the pop-up window stays visible?

Thx's for your input.

Ren

2. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

I get the same mouse-over popup (typically only a line or two) in Firefox, so it's probably in Win (or more likely, the board software) rather than the browser.

My bet is on the board software, since I don't get it elsewhere unless they're also using vB. If so, I doubt if there's any way to adjust the timing on an individual user basis, and quite possibly the operators can't even adjust it globally.

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Using opera, it doesn,t disasppear until I move my cursor.

4. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Confirmed

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Yes, the mouse-over text preview varies a bit by browser. Things like format, size and display time for the text balloon are not configurable in the forum software. They simply are what they are, I'm afraid. For me, the look and functionality of the balloon is best in IE, with a few full paragraphs being displayed. FF has only a single line and sometimes shows unprintable character markers (squares), but I've also seen it vary a little on different PCs.

6. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

IE7 seems to display the text well, but it drives me crazy because it pops up too quickly.. In Firefox there is a delay before the popup appears, whereas for me in IE7, it appears as soon as I hover over the line almost instantly. I like it to wait a second until I actually pause on a line for more than just a moment...

Ah well.... :)

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I think it might be better in Opera, same amount of text as IE7 and it doesn,t dissapear until u move the cursor( unlike IE7).

8. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
  9. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

A bit OT:

I absolutely hate this forum feature! It annoys the hell out of me, so that´s why I block it with Maxthon´s "Plugin Manager" extension. :thumb:

10. tepe2

tepe2 Registered Member

I also hate it. I use Firefox with ABP and NoScript. How can I block it?

11. Rmus

Rmus Exploit Analyst

Keep your mouse pointer to the left of the Thread Titles and the balloons won't pop up.

The pointer has to be positioned just above the Thread Title for the balloons to popup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.