Forum Migration to XenForo Completed

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by LowWaterMark, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

If you click on thread with unread posts, you are sent to last post. If you click on thread with no unread posts you are sent to first post. It would be nice if we could control this though.

hqsec

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  2. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

It's an up to date look, and obviously much better for phones (and narrow browser windows). But there is one thing that I miss: the flag on threads that I've already posted to. Without that, I'll miss replies to my questions and questions directed at me. Is there another way to automatically get that (without explicitly subscribing)?

3. Minimalist

You can click on multiple reply when composing you post or copy/paste the quoted text.

hqsec

4. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Re Alerts

alerts.png

5. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

For us backstage as well! :)

Tarnak, if you're using the Rich Text Editor, you'll find an Insert button, and selecting Quote, will place an empty quote inside the post. Then, it's a matter of copy/paste into that empty quote. And if in the first QUOTE you add the member's name QUOTE=Tarnak, you'll see that as well when Post Reply like above. This is another method.

6. Minimalist

I think that most of those features were disabled. Still settings are there, but they make no change as features are not available.

hqsec

7. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I only read the first page and agree with those that have stated it's to bright! A little bit of a hassle changing all of the addresses via bookmarks, properties and pasting the new ones per forum but can't really do anything about that.

8. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Thanks! JRViejo

I just have to get the hang of it.

9. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

ScreenShot_Wilders_old and new_01.gif

Old and new...comparison There is too much 'air' in the new look compared to the old....Anyone else, see it or understand me?

10. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@ hqsec

Well i've had 4 Alerts so far !

@ LowWaterMark

Apart from my other observations etc, when we go to reply & choose "More Options" it appears we can't see ALL the earlier posts below, as we could on VB ?

11. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Looks like you already got your answer with regard to single quotes ... if you mouse-over the "Reply" link, it clearly shows "Reply, quoting this post" (maybe not quite verbatim, but close enough).

As for multiple quotes, sorry, I never could figure that out even under the old system. Oh, you can copy-and-paste and use the quote -/quote button on the highlighted text, but that wouldn't attribute the quote properly -- I don't even see a button for that now, so I guess you'd have to, for any additional quotes after the first, set up all the appropriate BB coding by hand using the format of the first quote as a guide.

12. wat0114

wat0114 Registered Member

Too bright.

13. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

To be or not to be [so] alerted.... ScreenShot_Wilders_alerts_01.gif

So, overwhelming! Major Tom! ...to ground control. ;):D

14. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Tarnak, you're welcome! So do we. ;) Take care.

15. TheWindBringeth

TheWindBringeth Registered Member

If you look at this thread's entry in the General Topics forum list:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/forums/general-topics.5/

Do you see a small version of your avatar at the bottom right of LVM's avatar?

In Your Account->Preferences, you can check "Automatically watch threads" and leave "receive email notifications" unchecked. Then monitor those via https://www.wilderssecurity.com/watched/threads.

You can adjust your Alert Preferences to zero in on what you want.

BTW, what does my profile look like to you guys? Is it locked down, just showing the "find all contents, find all threads, start a conversation" link?

16. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

This is what comes up for your profile, BTW... "This member limits who may view their full profile."

Hope that helps....can you check what you see when you go to mine? Just curious. ;)

17. Raza0007

Raza0007 Registered Member

I like this new forum software, but are there any themes available? This default theme looks washed out and is very difficult to pick out on my LCD, I can barely tell the difference between the quoted text from the actual reply text. It is also very difficult to tell where one post ends and another begins. There is also no significant contrast between peoples posts and their signatures, so you end up reading the signature as part of the post, before you realize this is a signature. So, if the admins could put up a new theme that has a little bit more contrasting colors to make it easier to read the forums, this will be a perfect change.

18. moontan

moontan Registered Member

not much difference in brightness from the previous one.

but i love the new look! :)

i noticed that some avatars are pixelated now.
    probably just a matter of resizing my avatar and upload again for the new format.

19. TheWindBringeth

@Tarnak: Thanks for checking mine. Gotta work on it apparently. How about I PM you a pic. Gives me an excuse to test PM. OK with you? While I'm at it though, I can tell you I just see an Interact section with:

Content:

Find all content by Tarnak
    Find all threads by Tarnak

Conversation:
    Start a Conversation

20. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Yes, OK.....but I am just about at my maximum limit on PM's

21. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

@TheWindBringeth

I notice that you don't show up in the 'recent activity' page.

Perhaps, you are hidden?

ScreenShot_WIlders_recent activity_01.gif

22. TheWindBringeth

Interesting. I do have the "Show your online status" option UNCHECKED, but didn't expect that to remove me from a list that would show recent replies. Started, or tried to start a "conversation" with you. Get some kind of notice?

You are in a maze of twisty little passages...

23. moontan

moontan Registered Member

sorry LWM.
    i deleted my post because i fixed it.
    yes, it said the image exceeded the 30 KB limit.

i just used Photoshop "Save for Web" and tweaked the quality setting until it was under 30 KB

24. CP Advtge

CP Advtge Testing Moderator

The member deleted the post I was replying to, show I removed my reply to him. Now you've replied to that. ;)

Anyway, the filesize limit for avatars is not how big the file is on your disk. It's how big it is when XenForo resizes it. At least during testing I was able to upload images that were much bigger than the file size because when they were processed, that were made much smaller by the forum software.

(testing GM access at the moment here)

25. TheWindBringeth

You should make moontan's avatar limit 5k or something. That thing is way to disturbing ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.