forticlient beta 5 running well

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bigc73542, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

note that this suite has an auto quarantine feature, you can of course restore and exclude the files from quarantine.

there is also no option to choose the fate of any detected files. it auto quarantines first and then you have to exclude any false positives. i would much prefer it if they let you choose the fate of any potential malware before it quarantines them.

more configuration options of the real-time antivirus scanner would be a good addition as i find it can be a bit overprotective. it auto-quarantined a bunch of offline HTML files simply because they had an i-frame in them.

2. bcsman

bcsman Registered Member

Just installed version 5 on my Windows 7 computer and when I open the task manager it only shows 1 process running, fortiTray.exe and using 2604k of memory. Looking back at some of the older posts here some are seeing up to 10 processes running, is my installation correct? Have updated, run a virus scan and had all the other options opened. Just wondering what some other users are showingo_O So far doesnt seem to be slowing down anything.

3. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Press "Show processes from all users" button.

4. DrBenGolfing

DrBenGolfing Registered Member

:thumb:

5. jo3blac1

jo3blac1 Registered Member

I've been running this for about what 3 weeks now. I have to say it feels much lighter than other AVs out there. So don't get discouraged by the number of processes.

Anybody has an idea what exactly does the application firewall do? I never seen it work....

6. DrBenGolfing

DrBenGolfing Registered Member

It may add or subtract a rule or two but haven't seen it in action on my laptop in two months of use, which is good.
    Only problem I've had is it doesn't render Softpedia exactly correct...I know this by doing an uninstall and it rendered it properly with MSE. Reinstalled Forticlient and same problem. Not a deal breaker for me.

7. jo3blac1

Okay I figured it out. it looks like this "firewall" is more of an application filter. You have to manually set up rules to disable certain applications from connecting to the internet. By default there is already one rule that prevents "Botnet" from connecting. How the AV actually determines what is a bot and what isn't I guess goes by definitions. You can create a new rule to disable IM or P2P as well.

8. bcsman

bcsman Registered Member

ah that does make a difference, 11 running processes, thanks for the info :)

9. sm1

sm1 Registered Member

I connect my pc using a Wi-Fi usb dongle. After installing forticlient I could not connect to internet and the user account pictures in the windows start screen were messed up showing a grey rectangle surrounding each picture. I think forticlient is still not fully compatible with windows 8 64bit:doubt:

10. jo3blac1

Hmmm, it does say that windows 8 is supported.... http://docs.fortinet.com/fclient/forticlient-admin-50-ga.pdf (page 8 )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.