For when an upgrade?

Discussion in 'WormGuard' started by Atomas31, Oct 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Hi,

I just want to know when to you expect to work on Wormguard 4. Right now, you have worked on PG 3.150, than you are suppose to have worked on TDS-4 (wich was discontinue), after you have work on PE 2.1 and you are now telling that you are working back on PG... So when are you or do you expect to work on Wormguard 4?

Thank you,
    Atomas31

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Bumped.

I would also like to see an official response to this question.

3. smartypants

smartypants Guest

In my opinion, people need to realize that fact that this version 4 update may never happen. They have been at version three for the past 3 years and not a stinking thing has manifested. Let me say that again: THEY HAVE BEEN AT VERSION THREE FOR THE PAST 3 YEARS AND VERSION 4 IS STILL VAPORWARE.....Hello people, anyone home, are you reading me? Why in the heck would you invest in a program that has the same track record as TDS-3. If you truely like the program for what it is now, go for it, but if you want to buy it for the promised "FREE Version 4 upgrade" and get burnt, you only have yourself to blame. I would wait if I were you.

4. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

I'm very excited about the new version of Wormguard, I've already developed its primary engine and have managed to improve the hooking quality quite a bit, but overall it still needs a bit of work to become production quality. However, before I release that we still have a new update of ProcessGuard, as well as our new website with quite a few new free tools, as well as a new major program that also is nearly complete, so it's going to be an exciting few months ahead! :)

5. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

I'm excited.........are you excited

6. Brandon

Brandon Registered Member

Thanks Wayne for the heads up ;) cant wait!!!

Regards,

Brandon

7. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Thanks, Wayne. :D As a matter of fact I was just asking about what might be on the horizon in another thread. Guess I should have read a few more threads before asking. :oops:

Sure wish you would use your website's email system to notify subscribers. Just a thought.... ;)

8. tuatara

tuatara Registered Member

I'll wait and see, still a very happy customer here.
    and i think i have an idea on what to expect, i know what kind of knowledge
    there is in DCS ..

9. HappyShopper

HappyShopper Guest

Wormguard ain't broke and don't need fixing. An upgrade would be nice, but not essential.

10. JClaude

JClaude Guest

You guys still go for that o_O??
    Haven't we heard this promisses over and over and over again already o_O?
    I do not believe a single word of this, and will only change my mind when I see a download link on the website!!
    DCS has led us with false promisses way too long and lost any "credibility" when it comes about of launching new/updated software!
    "oh I am so excited I am going P in my pants..." how gullible are you guys??

11. Dazed_and_Confused

Promises? More than one? I am aware of the TDS fiasco. Is there another you refer to?

Regarding my affinity for DCS products, it's only because THEY WORK, and they WORK WELL. ;)

12. Rainwalker

There are not as many gullible guys here as you might think :rolleyes:

13. Dazed_and_Confused

Hey! Not that many gullible girls here either. :D

14. Rainwalker

No offense D&C...........i presumed he(?) was not being gender specific ;)

15. Dazed_and_Confused

None taken. :) Just want to clarify my position, though. ;)

16. tuatara

tuatara Registered Member

:D

A picture can paint a thousand words ...

17. worldcitizen

worldcitizen Registered Member

I'd say we're looking at a March/April Wormguard 4 POSSIBLE release at the earliest because DCA still haven't finished it yet and have other software being upgraded and completed so middle of next year probably at the earliest or even later but going by past history earlier is most UNlikely.

Don't get your expectation up for 2005 because you'll only be let down. I guess it will be released well into 2006 and have no expectations of a W4 release this year. That is a virtual impossibility.

Dave

18. hitbit

hitbit Registered Member

Why the concern over the lack of an upgrade. Is there a problem with your WormGuard o_O, mine seems to be working fine.I suspect that many companies repeatedly "upgrade" their products for the sole purpose of securing more money from their customers. At the end of the day "don't fix it if it ain't broken".
    hitbit

19. Amen to that. If WG3 stops being able to do what its supposed to then it'll be time to demand WG4. Until then what's the problem?

20. Dazed_and_Confused

Agreed. Behind NOD32, it's my most trusted and critical piece of security software in my arsenal. And while I do like improvements, unless they have a major impact, I say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". ;)

21. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

Yeah I was wondering if WormGuard was broken or something. It`s still working great for me so I guess I can wait for the update. This year or next. :)

22. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

We've already released an update for Port Explorer, next is an update for ProcessGuard, then the release of our newly-designed website, complete with many new free tools, then the release of a new program which we've mostly completed already, then will come a brand new version of WormGuard completely redesigned and rewritten from the ground up. :) All existing licenseholders will be able to upgrade to the new version for free

23. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:rolleyes: you know as a person you rock i would defingly want you on my side beside my wineing and b&*(*&^* all the time wich i feel is just

i like you and dcs guys espechialy jason as a consumer im your worst nightmare its nothing personal id buy you all a beer afterwards.

but im tell you straight out f the free tools work on one thing at a time so it gets done and never ever tell me your going to update this and that you crushed my heart to many times.

id rathether you not say anything and then surprise me

you some damn good programers prob the best in the world but like mad scintesst or druged up tweekers on meth you start to many projects and dont finish.

tds aside just stick with a project at a time.

we know thers just two of you we dont expect evrything or miracles.

we love you

24. Rainwalker

Hey Blazo...........Food for Thought..

POSITIVE ASPECTS OF THE ARIES MAN'S PERSONALITY: Aries is the first sign of the Zodiac, and men born under it like to be first in whatever they do. These men are pioneers and inventors. They have leadership ability both because of their tremendous physical energy and because of their ability to inspire others to action. They are always moving forward with enthusiasm and expectation. Each day is a new adventure for them. They do not dwell on the past, as they are too busy moving into the future. The Aries man has a great deal of physical energy. He requires less sleep than others and loves being active. He accomplishes a great deal because he will rise to any challenge. There is nothing that he will not try, and if he can compete with someone else at the same time, so much the better. He doesn't shy away from difficulties but meets them head on, dealing with them as quickly as he can so that he can get on with his life. The Aries man has great optimism about any and every venture in which he is involved. He inspires those around him with his optimism and quick wit. He goes after what he wants in life and usually gets if, for he sees anything between him and his goal as a challenge rather than an obstacle. The man born under the sign of Aries is straightforward and open. There is no deviousness or guile within him. His optimism and enthusiasm together with his vitality keep him young throughout his life. He gets excited about everything around him and wants to experience everything in life. There is nothing that seems impossible for him to achieve. He is popular and has an active social life as he provides an example to others of how life out to be lived.

NEGATIVE ASPECTS OF THE ARIES MAN'S PERSONALITY: Swept up in his own enthusiasm, the Aries person can move so quickly toward his goal that he is callous or inconsiderate of those around him. He is impatient with slower-moving people, and in his frustration at being slowed down he can be sharp-tongued. He speaks before he thinks and so is often tactless. The negative Aries is too impulsive. He jumps into things without thinking and leaves them as fast. Such a person leaves a trail of unfinished projects in his wake. He also leaves behind hurt feelings and bruised egos. He hears only what he wants to hear, and doesn't let fact interfere with his fantasy. He has two ways of viewing things: his way and the wrong way. He can be very destructive if he doesn't get his own way. But he can overcome these negative traits by making a point of being sensitive to the needs of others.

25. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:D i wasnt born under that cool sighn

i was born feb 17

but my name marcelo in the baby book means littile god of war lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.