For Vista SP1 - Do I stay with TI11 or go with TI 2009?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mystiky, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mystiky

mystiky Registered Member

I am using Vista Ultimate (32bit) with SP1.

My question is this: Since TI 2009 is now out, should I update to that one or stick with 11, which can be quirky at times.

I *only* use the "clone" option to make a clone of my system every 3 weeks or so.

Please advise.

2. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

If version 11 is doing what you want stick with it.
    Personally I only want the backup features of TI and I do not need all the other bells and whistles. I would have stuck with version 9, but I use the "mount" function of TI a lot and version 9 was not compatible with vista so I moved to 11. It does all I need, I didn't even update to the latest Bld. of TI, my motto is if the version and build works stay with it, why tempt fate.
    I sure wish Acronis would fix Version 11 once and for all before coming out with a new version (with probably more errors on it), read the new posts here and if you are going to upgrade then wait until the version sounds like it is good.

3. mystiky

mystiky Registered Member

4 out of 5 "clones" using the latest version of TI 11 go work with my Vista setup. But 1 out of 5 does not. I can only find out AFTER the clone is done and I hot-swap the drives to see if it boots from the backup.

So, I cannot say that my version 11 "works". I assume that things that needed to be fixed in 11 are working better in TI 2009?

I have not read every message on this forum, but I am not seeing too much "hate postings", which has me hopeful about TI2009 and Vista SP1.

Would love to hear from others...

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Off topic post removed.

5. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

Ti 2009 is just hot off the presses wait for a while and see what transpires.
    You are right 4 out of 5 "clones" is not good. I do not clone, I make several images and always just "full disk backups" to 2 seperate USB hard drives. As you say lets watch and see what others are saying. There seems to be a few threads appearing about TI 2009, it will take a while to get a feel of whether it is good or not.

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

12 seems to have a better, or at least more complete set of hardware drivers. Howver, I'd wait until the dust settles on the new release. There ought to be at lest one update of it fixing some of the initial probs. It's very unliekly the any further work will be done on ATI11. I think there was only once that an update to an older version was done after a newer one was released and that was fix for something in version 9, iirc. Since only one update of 11 came out during the year of it's short but infamous life, I'd put my money on no further changes being released for ATI11.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.