for anyone who likes O&O software 20% discount

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by zfactor, May 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

LOYALTY0511

add in the cart its for ANY of their software and has no limits. you can get diskimage for 16$ etc... thought maybe someone could use it :D

2. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

Thanks,,,,,,a link would be nice

3. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

you dont need a specific link just go to O&O's web site and this code works on any software they sell just add it in the cart.

the main links is here http://www.oo-software.com/home/en/ and this can be COMBINED with any shown discounted price already shown.

4. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I am hunting for a good simple to use back up imaging software, and upon reading this post and looking at the web site, may I ask if O&O is OK for a home user with intermediate computer abilities. I see they label it as "professional edition". I like the "One touch" feature if it's that simple. But I don't see a "Home" addition so I'm asking if it's compatible with a home type user. How do you folks like it compared to something like Acronis? I assume the discount isn't still valid now that it's July, but that's OK. Sorry if I took this thread off topic. :)

5. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

i used to use O&O and for me its the most complicated (options wise) to use, it was pretty good as far as i remember but i believe a backup software should be simple and straight forward, i like to keep my tweaking to security software, not backup software, hence the reason i fell in love with Active@ Disk Image

if you want a single use discount code for Active@ then let me know ;)

6. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I have not tried the latest version, but I think DiskImage is very easy to use, once you get used to the ribbon-style interface, which is confusing at first, and to some differences with other imaging programs (the bar that shows the cache operation, for example). In fact, DI is simpler to use than Paragon. And the WinPE disk is good.

For me it is worth trying it, and of course is useful in a home environment.

Update -- i checked the coupon code, it did not work (maybe because I don´t live in the US).

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  7. timcan

timcan Registered Member

Hi, this discount code (in screenshot) is still good as of today for the image program.Ends up less than half price.

Attached Files:

8. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Treehouse785,
    Thanks for the response and info. I checked out the Active@Disk Image web site and went over some of the info. This may be a stupid question, but I can't seem to find a place where it says I can back up to an external hard drive. I have a Seagate 2tb external hard drive where I back up to. Is this a standard option?

Thanks for offering a discount code. If the above is doable I would be thankful. :) What would be the discount?

9. treehouse786

yes you can backup to an external drive and it is a standard option (tested this myself).

the discount code is for 20% so am pretty sure this will be added on top of the 15% discount Active@ are already offering.

just PM me if you want the code :thumb:

10. treehouse786

just for clarification, he is talking about O&O DiskImage and not Active@ Disk Image

11. Spruce

Spruce Registered Member

I can highly recommend O&O Defrag :)

12. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Thanks a lot for your help. My PM is sent. :D

13. treehouse786

done :thumb:

14. napoleon1815

napoleon1815 Registered Member

O&O DiskImage 5.5 is great...I used it a lot a while ago (I use IFW/IFL now). Never had an issue with it. A tad quirky with some options (German-to-English translations) but it's solid. Check it out.

15. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Correction: The WinPE disk is not so good. I have not been able to add drivers for an USB 3.0 card to it. I have tried to add them temporarily or permanently (via DISM), and neither process works.

I have done this with other WinPE disks without problems.

16. napoleon1815

Robin A....thanks for the heads up on that!

17. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

I just bought it for $12.74. I cannot beat it at that price.

Best regards,

KOR!

18. Spruce

Spruce Registered Member

Just grabbed CleverCache for same price, maybe snakeoil but I like their Defrag and I somewhere in my imagination(?) things does feel more stable under heavy usage.

19. aladdin

Well they sent me a $10 discout coupon for buying the DiskImage, so bought the CleverCache for $2.74. Good stuff!

Regards,

KOR!

20. napoleon1815

KOR, let me know your thoughts on DiskImage when you play with it some more...thanks!

21. aladdin

Dear Napoleon The Great,

I just collect software, hardly use them. However, you have every imaging software like me, and you have tested them all. Basically, you are an expert.

I can't believe that you will miss an opportunity to acquire such an excellent imaging software for just $12.74

Try it and then give us your expert view.

Kindest regards,

KOR!

22. napoleon1815

KOR,

I have used DiskImage since v4, now on v5.5. I don't use it as my primary, but all the times I have used it, it has been solid. Never an issue with a restore. I also like the boot CD (which is all I use anyway) as it has a lot of other features on it like disk management, registry editor, etc. (It's a scaled down version of their BlueCon application). The only issue I have is there is a way to restore and resize partitions (although it's not in the manual)...I got a PDF from support on how to do it and it has never worked for me. For me, it's no big deal as I don't do that anyway usually and if I did I can use many of the free disk management tools to do it. The next version - v6 - promises to have a lot of cool stuff in it which I hope it does as it hasn't competed well with the bigger imagers out there.

23. aladdin

Dear Napoleon,

Thanks again for your input. I don't want to burn a CD. However, I have installed the ISO both on USB and in the BCD store using EasyBCD. On both methods, it asks for registration key and then it reboots.

Do you know where to put the registration information while using USB and/or BCD store?

Many thanks and best regards,

KOR!

P.S. If not then I have to open a ticket and ask support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.