For all with difficulties receiving e-mail with IMON and Poco Mail and similar..

Discussion in 'NOD32 Early v2 Beta' started by jan, Jan 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Hi,

as the subject says this message is for all with difficulties receiving e-mail with IMON and Poco Mail and similar e-mail clients.

We have replicated the problem with Poco Mail, fixed it and changed IMON - it worked at least here ;).

Who wants to test the changed imon.dll - please send me a private message with your e-mail address and I can send it to you.

I hope it will help you too :)

rgds,

jan

2. bowhuntr

bowhuntr Registered Member

Re:For all with difficulties receiving e-mail with IMON and Poco Mail and simila

Jan,

The imon.dll that you sent me did the trick. Poco is now receiving mail and Nod32 is scanning it!!!

Thanks,
    bowhuntr

3. Phil

Phil Registered Member

Re:For all with difficulties receiving e-mail with IMON and Poco Mail and simila

Jan,

With the new dll installed, NOD32 now appears to be working perfectly with Pocomail. THANK YOU for the quick fix. :)

Phil

4. jan

Hi guys,

I'm glad you're having less trouble now. ;) Thanks go to the IMON developer. :D Please help us to make NOD as bugfree as possible - it will help both sides :)

Thanks, fellows.

jan

5. RabidGerbil

RabidGerbil Registered Member

Jan,

Thanks for the file. It solved the problem of locking up on infected emails. :)

Unfortunately, I've discovered another problem. For some funny reason there is an incompatibility with v2beta and gpgrelay, that causes gpgrelay to crash. If I go back to version 1 there is no problems.

I'll sit tight and wait for final release.

Thanks again.

6. RabidGerbil

RabidGerbil Registered Member

Jan,

Thanks for the second version of Imon.dll.

That solved the problem with gpgrelay crashing, and now everything is working beautifully. :D

The Bat is flying again!

Thanks again!

Cheers,

Tom

7. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

Wonder if that new imon dll would fix my problem as well.
    As it is i can obly run nod beta without imon running as it creates problems with many other apps (Naviscope, spyblocker,etc)
    Latest attempt i made was to set up imon once everything was loaded (win2k)
    But web2pop gives me an error that it can't use port 110 as another app is already using it and Mailwasher can't create socket

8. Fedorov999

Fedorov999 Registered Member

Out of interest, I have always ran NAV for years without the Email scanning turned on, cos every email that comes into my Eudora or Pocomail that has attachments has to save the attachment to the attachments folder and so the resident part of NAV would always detect the viruses that way.

I presume me running the NOD32 beta with IMON turned off and relying on the AMON protection is just as good/the same?

Thanks, Fedorov.

9. MickeyTheMan

Unfortunately the new imon dll doesn't do it for me.
    Tried to trigeering imon after everythinbg is loaded ( win2k) but then MyIe can't connect.
    Mailwasher can't allocate socket. But as soon as imon is removed from the windows socket service everything is back to normal.

10. jan

Hi MTM,
    We'll try something else. :)

jan

11. MickeyTheMan

Oh i'm not overly concerned at this point. Isn't what i beta is for : ironing out bugs ?
    But something is screwing up at the socket level, on my sys anyway and both on 98SE and win2k OS

12. MickeyTheMan

Tried something else. Disabled Naviscope and changed settings in browser to ensure it would not load through pacfile and Naviscope.
    Also disabled spyblocker from loading at startup.
    But as soon as i enable imon, then Look&Stop doesn't show me connected to the net . Checked my local area connection, and i'm definitely not connected to the net anymore which explains why browser won't work.
    So imon interferes at the winsock level with anything else that tries to. Disabling imon from the windows socket level allows other apps to function properly.
    Frustrating, but i know a solution will eventually come.

13. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

Don't understand that one - cause I am on LnS too and have no trouble to connect or else

Ruben

14. jan

Hi MTM,
    We have tried to replicate it here - but it worked without problems. By the way, at Reply#113 here you posted a link:
    http://www.morelerbe.com/cgi-bin/ubb-cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=14&t=001770&p=
    that doesn't seem to work - could you pls. give a correct one?

We'd appreciate your further testing and reports about this, if you want.

Thanks. :)

jan

15. MickeyTheMan

Sorry Jan Morelerbe (becky) is down, so that link is gone forever.

I reinstalled Windows 2k and will retry install of beta tomorrow or saturday once i have made initial setups, just in case the problem being with my winsock being screwed in the first place.

16. MickeyTheMan

Problem Solved !
    After seeing i seemed to be the only one affected in such ways with nod beta i made the right choice to reinstall OS.
    I also remembered that one of the earlier Port Explorer beta versions had created some problems at the winsock level and a recent failure from DR WEB to completely install and then uninstall itself might have messed up.

IMON did successfully put a messge on email :
    __________ NOD32 1.357 (20030205) Information __________

This message was checked by NOD32 Antivirus system.
    http://www.nod32.com

Thanks for trying Jan !

17. jan

Hey MTM,
    Glad to hear that ! :cool:

Thanks. :)

jan

18. jmschwartz

jmschwartz Guest

Hi Jan,

Would it be possible for you to send along the imon.dll which works with PocoMail?

Thanks.
    Regards,
    Jim

19. jan

Hi Jim,
    Sent. :cool:

Cheers, :)

jan

20. jmschwartz

jmschwartz Guest

Thanks, Jan . . .

IMON scanned my PocoMail samples perfectly. Well, almost perfectly in this conditional world :D.

Thanks again!

Regards,
    Jim

21. jmschwartz

jmschwartz Guest

Shucks . . .

It scanned 4 emails and then stopped. The status line at the top says either

stav

or

stay

where other modules say "status" or "information".

Oh well, guess I'll disable IMON and wait for the real version. Thanks anyway.

Regards,
    Jim

22. MickeyTheMan

One small problem left.
    Got emails on 3 seperate occasions:
    1. Message appended to email that it was scanned by nod, but imon did not show files scanned.
    2. 2nd time counter for file scanned increased to reflect email scan.
    3. no message appended and no counter update

23. MickeyTheMan

Still no scanning of emails this morning. Only did scan and append message the one time.

24. jan

Hi MTM,

>One small problem left.

we'll check that too - I'll get back.

Cheers, :)

jan

25. jmschwartz

jmschwartz Guest

Hello Again, Jan . . .

Well, after a minor system crash and a reinstall of both PocoMail (2.6.3x) and NOD32 (beta) I still cannot get the IMON window to increment email scan numbers (stays at 0_.

I DO, however, receive the message on the bottom of incoming emails that they were scanned by NOD32.

Am I being scanned, or is the NOD32 message at the bottom of the incoming email fibbing? :D

Also, would it be possible to send along another imon.dll for PocoMail (mine may have become corrupted in the minor system meltdown. o_O

Thanks again.

Regards,
    Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.