foobar2000 v1.1.15

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by hayc59, Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats. Foobar2000 isn't just for early adopters or software jukebox fetishists. It doesn't mess with fancy buttons or bright colors, instead preferring a utilitarian, straightforward user interface to let the music speak for itself. foobar2000 uses tabs and panels to help the user navigate its plain, but functional, user interface. You can customize the interface using several layout options. Menu options and recognizable command buttons reside at the top of the window. Two panels, each with tabbed menus, reside on the left side of the window. From there, you can view the album list and the properties of a selected artist or song. You'll also find tabs for viewing a spectrogram, a spectrum, and VU meter of music currently being played, display album art, and synchronize with portable players including iPods.

foobar2000 v1.1.15 Released

Whats New:
    • Added basic MusicBrainz tagging capability to the audio CD ripper.
    • CD ripper can now look up CD information automatically each time a new CD is about to be ripped.
    • Worked-around shell integration incompatibility with Windows 8.
    • Converter performance tweaks for multi-core encoding (beta 2).
    • Resolved incompatibility with Matroska files processed with mkvclean (beta 2).
    • ID3v2: “rating” tags now compatible with Windows Media Player (beta 2).
    • Resolved Converter incompatibility with new Opus encoder (beta 2).
    • Worked-around drag&drop incompatibility with Windows explorer read-only optical media (final).
    • Added an advanced preferences option to minimize the app on [x] close (final).
    • Worked-around NSIS installer incompatibility with Windows 8 address space layout randomization (final).

Download: foobar2000 1.1.15

2. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

I never got what's so special about this fugly mp3 player

winamp and AIMP3 blow it out of the water

3. 1chaoticadult

1chaoticadult Registered Member

Thanks for the update.

4. The Seeker

The Seeker Registered Member

It's what's under the hood that makes it shine. As for the interface, it is highly customisable.

5. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I always keep coming back to this and Spider Pro. I tried AIMP3 but it loads too slow for my taste. Sometimes I just want to hear a song, or folder of them. foobar does that fine although I've never messed with it under the hood much.

6. jo3blac1

jo3blac1 Registered Member

foobar lost lots of popularity. it used to go very very strong in the 90s. as for me, Im simply using VLC media play as all around music, video, DVD player.

7. The Seeker

foobar2000's initial release was in 2002.

8. berryracer

what i love about winamp is the presets. It has presets for laptop speakers that make a day and night diff. in the volume level on my laptop

does foobar have the same presets and stuff?

9. The Seeker

Not as default, but here are some equaliser presets.

10. berryracer

thanks man! I wish I can switch to it because I like it since it is less bloated than winamp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.