font rendering on Wilder's

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by steve161, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steve161

steve161 Registered Member

Having a minor but strange issue. The letter "k" on this forum is not rendering properly. I tried changing fonts in firefox, but the problem persists. Using ubuntu 7.10 and have no other font problems. Any other Ubuntians or FIrefoxites experiencing this.

Edit, also happening in Opera, although I only notice it on this forum, and now "x" seems a little washed out.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

as you can see the "k" in your sentence renders perfectly in my FF. But then again if your can't render a "k" properly maybe you can't see. Seems like a paradox.

(The letter "k" on this forum is not rendering properly.)

3. steve161

A paradox it is, because the "k" in your post has the same problem. Oh, well, there are more important things to worry about, right. Thanks for your reply bigc73542.

4. sick0

sick0 Registered Member

have you installed the msttcorefonts from ubuntu repos?

5. yeow

yeow Registered Member

On this page with ubuntu 7.10 firefox, default fonts. No problems with "k" or "x".

6. steve161

Yes, but when I go into fonts, details, go to folder, I am getting a message that folder does not exist, even though the folder is showing.

It is definitely Ubuntu since I am in PCLinuxOs now and it is not happening. I tried reconfiguring fonts.conf, but nothing.

7. yeow

yeow Registered Member

Try running firefox from ubuntu livecd. If it doesn't have this problem, then it's could've been caused by what u installed.

8. steve161

That is a good idea. It is probably either an update that did it, or one of my many tweaks, and it is also happening with Opera. I did not notice this issue when I first installed.

Edit: Greetings from the live cd. No issues with the fonts.

Edit: Mods, this has been posted in the more appropriate ubuntu forums, so delete at will. If it is possible, please send me a pm regarding the fonts that are used at Wilders, at your convenience of course. Thank you.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.