Following image re-install, v9 3,633 error E000101F4:Acr TI cannot find hdd

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kdkrone, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdkrone

kdkrone Registered Member

Go figure. Having just used Acronis TI 9.0 to reinstall an image, I now find that the successfully reinstalled image of Acronis TI cannot be used to backup new changes because of the error message E000101F4!! Crazy.

Do I need to do a reinstall? If so, how compulsive should I be? Or is there a simple fix?

Thanks
    Ken K

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Are you running from the rescue CD? What type of drives do you have? Your version is old B3854 is the latest release. You may want to upgrade to B3854 or B3677.

3. kdkrone

I am running from my hdd. All of my partitions and drives are functioning well. I used my rescue disk to mount the image and all went well. I can access my C,D,E, G, H,I,J, and K partitions on 5 disks through Windows Explorer in WinXP Pro AND I can access all of my drives through TI Recovery! It is just in the backup mode that I receive the error message. So the program is schizzo--it can see the drives in Recovery/Restore mode but not in Backup mode.

WRT the build, I had not realized the build had been updated early last month. If I need to reinstall, I will do so, but I would appreciate explicit instructions so that all is done to a T. I had searched for such instructions, but I have not found any. I had done so last summer but the build was much older then and I am sure there must be some changes.

Thanks
    Ken K

4. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

You might try a repair install of your existing build. It sounds like something is corrupted. Do you have the following four services running in task manager:
    schedhlp.exe
    schedul2.exe
    TimounterMonitor.exe
    TrueImageMonitor.exe

TI runs all backups as a scheduled task and needs all four services to work properly.

5. kdkrone

The WinXP upgrade crashed. It completely jumbled my partitions and over-wrote some data.

I am going to do a fresh install of WinXP and not rely on an upgrade.

I am sure that the Windows upgrade killed things.

Thanks for your help,
    Ken K

6. larryg

larryg Registered Member

I am a newbie here -- recently downloaded the trail version and successfully performed a backup/restore from an old PC to a new destkop. TI v10 was WONDERFUL for that process. I am ready to purchase...

BUT - now that I have the new desktop all configured and running properly, I figured it was time to create a "gold image" of the new PC. No dice! Error E000101F3 - no hard drives found. There are 4 SATA HDDs in this thing - TI can't find any? Did a forum <Search> for this error number -- sounds like lots of folks are having the same problem.

I reinstalled, I replaced snapapi.dll, I checked that all four processes mentioned above were running in Task Manager. I have not done a complete uninstall/reinstall yet... is that next?

-larry

7. Genesis

Genesis Registered Member

I've got this going on too.

It happened once before, but I can't remember what I did to fix it.

I migrated to a new machine yesterday - before I started installing all my "stuff" over the base XP load I did a backup, and it worked. Now that I've completed it all I tried to make a "gold" backup and got the same error.

I suspect the Roxio CD software is involved in this.... but have no way to fix it. Anyone know?

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello larryg and Genesis,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please download the latest version of Acronis drivers once again, unpack the archive, install unpacked MSI package and see if the problem persists?

If the issue persists, please do the following:

- Replace C:\WINDOWS\system32\snapapi.dll with the one from the downloaded SnapAPI archive;

- Reproduce the issue and collect the log file;

- Get the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.