Folder Redirection + NOD32 = fail + other issues

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Carello, Aug 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carello

Carello Registered Member

Hi!

After a couple of rough days I finally managed to get ESET Remote Administrator setup and configured with policies that suits my environment, I have however run into a couple of serious issues with the antivirus client.

The environment consists of only Windows Server 2008 R2 servers, a constantly growing number of servers that are used for Remote Desktop.

NOD32 version: 4.2.64

1. Having NOD32 installed on a file server hosting Folder Redirection/roaming profiles in Windows Server 2008 R2 causes client logons to take more than 30 minutes, and causing GPO's to fail. Reason: Unknown.
    2. Specifying policies not to show splash screen on startup of NOD32 has no effect - local client configuration confirms that splash screen on startup = no, but it still shows.
    Had this been single workstation installations I could've lived with it, but I don't need all remote desktop customers seeing an ESET NOD32 splash screen every time they logon.

Why does this happen? How can it be fixed?

And one more thing...why doesn't ESET have ANY telephone support?
    As an enterprise customer and reseller of NOD32, I really need to know I can get support and help when things go south, and no offense, not having to wait days and rely on that some genius eventually replies on these forums.

Looking forward for suggestions on how to get this sorted out, thanks.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

1, does setting real-time protection to scan files with default extensions instead of all files make a difference?
    2, did you enable the Suppress user settings option in the xml as well?

3. ICA

ICA Registered Member

Could this be the same problem I have with EAV 4.2.58 and 4.2.64?
    Please try to disable the "Scan on File open" option within the "Real-time file system protection" settings on your server. Disabling this setting solved my problems. This is no permanent solution of course but only a workaround and a check to see if it is the same problem.

Regards,
    Rene.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.