Folder Lock is KILLING my computer/me

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by ottawamat, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ottawamat

ottawamat Registered Member

Ok, so a friend told me i HAD to get this program to secure my files. But ever since i installed the program my computer has been crashing (blue screen of death) and when i try to log into the program to uninstall it i get a message saying "The is already a "locker" folder inside the application path. Please move any other folder other than the "locker" folder to another location and then try again to access your secured files"

So there is no way for me to uninstall to correct the problem. In a few days i start class again, and i need this computer to be wprking. any ideas?

I'm using a dell inspiron 6400, with windows vista if that helps anyone.

Thanks in advance,
    Mat

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Well, since you've given few details with respect to the offending application, no.

My best advice (and this is true even if all those details were available) is to contact the vendor or author of the program that was used to secure your files. They are your likely best source of information.

Blue

3. ottawamat

My apologies, the program itself is called Folder Lock, and its used to apply a password to folders on your hard drive. When i used vista to diagnose the problem, it basically said that it didn't know what was wrong, but that the problem could be two or more virus shields working at the same time. but as i said, the problem didn't start until just after i installed Folder Lock.

I've sent a message to the author of the program, but they generally take their time to reply so i though perhaps you fine people could be of some help.

4. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

I would generally advise against that, as it could make the underlying issue worse.

Have you noted this recent thread? I know, not exactly heartwarming.

Blue

5. ottawamat

well it does seem bleak. In all honesty, i have all of my important documents backed up to my external hard drive, and i do need the problem solved soon. Do you think i should just format the whole thing and start fresh?

6. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

7. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

You're main hurdle's cleared .... "I have all of my important documents backed up to my external hard drive ...."

Read their faq if you haven't already. If it's the master key you need, register or format. Simple.

GF

8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Speaking of their FAQ ottawamat, have you followed their uninstall procedure ?

Q27. How to uninstall the program?
    Bubba

9. 0404kumar3

0404kumar3 Registered Member

Hello I also faced the same problem and found a solution for it

the solution is: i think you have a guest account if not create one and then install the folder lock in that. now lock the folder which you locked earlier from your account and then unlock it

i hope you undestood the solution if not you can ask me again i can explain you briefly

thanks
    kumar

10. hec51

hec51 Registered Member

I can feel your pain. If you read my thread then you know the anguish I went through. I did manage to finally recover my files. I had to do it on my own. I got automated replies and no real help from NewSoftwares. I tried everything they suggested. The program for some reason would not uninstall properly. I tried their uninstall download and their recovery download with no results. What I had to do was copy my scrambled files onto a friends computer and install Folder Lock. I managed to get back my data and closed the book on NewSoftwares. If you can, try their uninstall download, it might work for your particular situation. Lots of luck trying to get their attention.

11. jairwolf2000

jairwolf2000 Registered Member

I had the same problems and the guest account didn't work because you have to have administrator authority to download and install the software. I created a new account with administrator authority but got the same "error" message when I tried to open it, the guys at folder locks company didn't know what they were doing either so they were no help. This is what I did and it worked. If you have files that you do not have backed up go to the program file folder and look in folder lock. click locked folder and asci folder then you should see your locked files. copy them to another folder on your computer. Then delete everything out of the locked folder, then go to the locker folder and delte it. Now delete all the icons in the main folder such as the folder lock exe file and all other files in the folder. Do not try and delete the locked folder itself because it will not let you and will halt your deletion of the other items so be sure don't select it to delete, just delete the contents of it. Once you have done that and the only think in the folder lock folder is the empty folder named locked, go back to the software website and redownload and install the product. it should ask for a new password and then lock the folder. Go out to where you copied the files from before and copy them back into the program files/folder lock/locked/asci/ folder. You should now be able to go back to the program, unlock it, and see your files. Hope this works for you. It did for me.

12. pdub2

pdub2 Registered Member

Had the same problem, tried to contact the company to help me uinstall it, they never replied. ~~~ snip ~~~

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.