Folder encryption

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by mcs5100, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcs5100

mcs5100 Registered Member

Hi all, can anyone please advise if such program(s) are available.

I am looking for an encryption software that can basically encrypt say a folder such that any files that you save or drag into this folder automatically becomes encrypted. If you then wants to open up a file in the folder, you will need to decrypt with the password that was set for that folder.

Thanks.

2. mcs5100

Anyone can help ?

I know there are programs that uses virtual drives that a user needs to mount/dismount the drives. What I need are folders that will automatically encrypt any files that are "drag-and-drop" or "save-as" into them.

Thanks

3. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

I wouldnt mind a programme that encrypts the folder too or one that auto encrypts on drag and drop.Im currently using axcrypt http://axcrypt.axantum.com/ (freeware) which encrypts files within the folder but not the folder itself.I usually just "select all" within the folder and axcypt encypts all at once anyway ,and as you say ,a password is needed to open the files.
    ellison

4. mcs5100

I am also using a similar one now, however, if there is a program that encrypts the way I described above, it will made life much easier for me because of the way I want to manage my personal files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.