fldrclnr.dll error

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by deephazil, Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deephazil

deephazil Registered Member

for quite awhile i've been getting a DLL error message when i log on to windows xp. it reads:
    error loading fldrclnr.dll
    specified module could not be found

i thought that maybe at some point that file could've been deleted, but i went to C:\I386\fldrclnr.dll and there it was. does anyone have any suggestion as to how i might get rid of this pesky error?

thank you

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Hi deephazil, and Welcome to Wilder's!

I presume your on sp1? I wouldn't worry too much about it unless other problem's start surfacing, in the meantime here's what you can do.

Rt clk your desktop > select properties > Desktop tab > choose Customize Desktop.
    Now uncheck "Run Desktop Cleanup Wizard every 60 days" and see if that put's an end to those error's.

If it return's on subsequent reboot's, are you comfortable editing the registry?

EDIT: Oop's! Missed that one Puff (should have known better). ;)
    That is quite correct deephazil, there should be copies residing in both your Window's dllcache and system32 folder's.

GF

Last edited: Feb 9, 2006
  3. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

I also have the fldrclnr.dll in my WINDOWS\system32 folder. If you do not have it there, you could try copying it to that location also.

HTH ;) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.