Flashplayer?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by WilliamP, Nov 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I just downloaded some updates from Microsoft. 5 to be exact. The 6th was for Flashplayer and I guess I don't have Flashplayer. What is it for and do I need it?

2. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

"Flash plays small, fast multimedia buttons, as well as interactive animations, flying logos, and graphics created in Macromedia Flash. This player is very small, takes only a short time to download, and is a great starting point for experiencing multimedia on the Web. Flash also supports high-fidelity MP3 streaming audio, text entry fields, interactive interfaces, and more. All Flash formats can be viewed with this latest release.
    Flash Player is practically an Internet standard when it comes to viewing multimedia content on the Web. Animations and graphics created for the player are often engaging and well executed. The new features in the Flash 6.0 format promise to make these multimedia experiences more exciting than ever."

from http://www.soft32.com/download_500.html regarding Adobe (Macromedia) Flash Player

3. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

If you never used Flash before, then you can call it adware, which slows down webpages. [​IMG]
    Flash is mostly used for ADs, so a webpage can load slower and you will be forced to watch it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.