flashing white box (cursor?) in task bar

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Thepennymeister, Aug 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thepennymeister

Thepennymeister Registered Member

I have a problem that may be related to SpywareBlaster. For several months now, a small white box will occasionally flash on the task bar at the bottom of my desktop homepage. It's as though a program is trying to open, but cannot. I don't know if it's spyware & SpywareBlaster is constantly eliminating it, or if it's just a glitch. I thought it was related to a program called HP ORGANIZE on my computer, but I deleted that program, and the little white box still appears on occasion. It pops up several times an hour, not at regular intervals. I've tried waiting for it to appear and clicking on it, but have had no success. I think I've clicked on it a couple of times, but nothing opens up. Any ideas?
    Tom Hinkle

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

To eliminate Spywareblaster....open the program and select Disable All Protection and see if the white box goes away. If the box stays....We can eliminate Spywareblaster and look in another direction. We also might at that time consider moving the thread to a more appropriate Forum so as to give you the proper help.

3. Thepennymeister

Thepennymeister Registered Member

I disabled SpywareBlaster, but the white box keeps appearing sporadically in the task bar. So, it appears it has nothing to do with the SpywareBlaster program. What else can I try?

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I would suggest you take a look at your running processes when the white box is not present. Then when the white box is present....make note of the newer processes running and we can possibly then look at a few of those for a possible cause.

Since this is indeed not a Spywareblaster issue I have moved the thread to a more appropriate Forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.