FlashGet & NOD32: Which Parameters To Pass?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by adamlau, Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adamlau

adamlau Registered Member

I want to use pass NOD32 parameters to FlashGet in order to allow for the scanning of a single, or a series of downloaded files when the downloads are complete. Attached is a screenshot of the FlashGet UI. What to pass? TIA.

Attached Files:

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi !

Let me start with the fact that I don't recommend you Flash Get , earlier versions came with spyware . The one should be clear but anyway , trash remains trash , in my opinion . Now the answer of your question:

Imput this code for the program to load:
    Code:
    C:\Program files\ESET\nod32.exe
    This for parameters:
    Code:
    /adware /ah /all /antistealth+ /arch+ /clean /cleanmode /delete /heur+ /log+ /mailbox+ /ntfs+ /pack+ /quarantine /scanboot+ /scanmbr+ /scanmem+ /scroll+ /sfx+ /unsafe /unwanted /wrap+
    It will make FlashGet load NOD32's on-demand scanner and scan for everything , remove any possible threat . Note that C:\ is the defaul installtion path of NOD , you might have installed elsewhere ;)

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hi adamlau, what is this version?
    I don,t see flashget GUI like this. Thanks?

4. adamlau

Thanks for the heads up, HiTech_boy. aigle: FlashGet 1.82.1002.

5. profhsg

profhsg Registered Member

I have to disagree with some of the parameters in the post. I turn the scanboot, scanmem and scanmbr parameters off by putting a minus sign after them. I find that scanning the boot records, memory and master boot record when downloading a file noticeably lengthens the time it takes NOD32 to scan the downloaded file. On a download I tend to worry that the downloaded file will contain malware. I'm not worried about my memory or boot records containing viruses and the like. Those are supposed to be scanned and protected by my real time and on demand scanners.

6. adamlau

Good point. That said, I am likely to go with:

/subdir+ /quit+ /pattern+ /heur+ /scanfile+ /scanboot- /scanmbr- /scanmem- /arch+ /sfx+ /pack+ /ntfs+ /adware /unsafe /unwanted /all /antistealth+ /ah /heur+ /log- /prompt /delete /clean

I may remove /quit+, depending upon the response I get from Concurrent /quit+ /prompt action?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.