Flash Player

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Reality, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Reality

Reality Registered Member

I've just done a fresh install of XP Pro and getting extra things set up. The Computer doesn't do HTML5 fluently (probably underpowered) so I have to install flash. Understanding flash is a minefield of possibilities o_O

What is the difference between the plugin and the Windows version or are they one and the same. I'm on FF 27.0 and won't be going any higher.

I've been searching on the net but there seems to be no easy explanation. Someone said don't get it from adobe as you will get PUPS. Can anyone point me in the right direction where I can get it without getting excess baggage.

2. imdb

imdb Registered Member

plugin version is for plugin based browsers, e.g., firefox. other versions are for ie and os x.

3. imdb

imdb Registered Member

btw, in order to take full advantage of html5, you need to upgrade your ff to the most recent version. i doubt that your pc is underpowered for html5. flash is more resource heavy than html5.
    as for the pups thing, just untick whatever it is you don't want during installation and you'll be safe.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.