Flash killer

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Some1Nice, Jun 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Some1Nice

Some1Nice Registered Member

Hi.

I love SpywareBlaster, especially the Flash Killer feature. The problem is that
    I need to toggle it constantly, since I always end up at sites that either
    abuse Flash or legitimately use and require it.
    So I was wondering if there's an easier way to toggle Flash on or off,
    whether by using SpywareBlaster or not. For instance by placing a
    shortcut on Internet Explorer's Links bar, or through a right-click menu.
    They'd be useful features in the next version, in my opinion.

2. MCT

MCT Registered Member

u could try using an IE shell (like avant browser, or MyIE2) which use IE engine, and they have alot of options like that

but just for IE im not sure on how u'd do that

3. Team Pro Bono

Team Pro Bono Registered Member

Re: Flash killer --- Make "Safe" URLs?

Well, to put the issue another way:

Is there a way to modify SpywareBlaster (by you guys, not the end-users) so that a user can specify URLs where Flash applications will run?

As in, the user can list safe websites for SB to ignore? That would allow the user to have Flash Killer running but still see Flash apps in specified websites. (That's how some virus killer software works--you can block specific websites and specifically allow others.)

It would be very helpful because it is VERY annoying and burdensome to constantly open and close SB and check/uncheck Flash Killer, then close and reopen a browser window to get/stop Flash apps. (my pc doesn't seem to need rebooting after changing the Flash Killer bit)

Thanks.

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Re: Flash killer --- Make "Safe" URLs?

Hi,

While that would indeed be a useful addition, the way the Flash Killer tool works cannot easily be adapted to function in that manner. :doubt:

Now, you could go through the trouble of disabling all ActiveX completely (including already installed controls) in the Internet Zone, and just enabling the use of them (always keep download to prompt) in the Trusted Zone, where you'd put WindowsUpdate, and sites that need to access ActiveX controls (such as Flash) - but I highly suspect that would be too much trouble.

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.