flash killer blocking links?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by jon123, Mar 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jon123

jon123 Registered Member

I think this is preventing me submitting info, is this a common thing?

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Would you mind providing a link to an example of where this is being prevented ?

3. jon123

jon123 Registered Member

Seems I was wrong, must be something else, I've almost got it working but now I'm getting warnings about changing to an unsecure site even though I've disabled the warning options in Internet Options regarding redirected and changing between secure and insecure modes, and restarted.
    IE55sp2
    It is my ISP's site, some of which they're changing atm, still want the url?

4. jon123

jon123 Registered Member

This is really a problem, can somebody help me here? I need to know if my basic IE security settings are causing this before I can proceed to eliminating whatever might be causing me the problem.
    This is a clean install of 98se with both IE55sp2 and patches installed by date, with SpywareGuard, SpywareBlaster, SpybotSD all successfully installed latest versions successfully patched. SG has dl protection disabled in case of conflict with ZA (3.5.169.002)

INTERNET OPTIONS (trusted zone)

ActiveX: unsigned/not marked safe set to prompt
    all else enabled

Cookies: stored disabled
    per-session prompt

Java: high safety

Access datasources across domains: disabled
    Don't prompt for client cert. selection when no cert. exist: enabled
    Drag and drop copy and paste: disabled
    Installation of desktop items: disabled
    Launch progs and files in IFRAME: disabled
    Nav sub-frames across diff domains: disabled
    Software channel permissions: high safety
    Submit non-encrypted form data: enabled

Scripting: all allowed

Logon: promp for user~

ZONE ALARM SETTINGS

Privacy (on a per-site basis)
    Cookies: persistent cookies blocked
    Mobile Code Options: all allowed
    Ad Blocking: pop-ups disabled

Firewall
    Internet Zone, High Security, default permissions

Program Control
    APM: enabled
    Component Control: enabled
    Advanced: always ask perm. for connection and server events
    IE disallowed from serving

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I have taken the liberty to move this to another Forum since you now feel it's not Spywareblaster related.

Yes Please.

Regards,
    Bubba

6. jon123

jon123 Registered Member

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Which item on that page are you attempting to Login into....or which item is preventing you from submitting info ? If it's a Login issue....I reckon I can't test that :doubt:

Also....looking at your INTERNET OPTIONS (trusted zone) settings....I'll suggest you temporarily set the Trusted Zone to it's default setting which should enable most all the settings. Refresh the page and see if that cures it....which should also eliminate IE. I would then look at temporarily disabling Zone Alarms privacy features totally.

8. jon123

jon123 Registered Member

Cr%#, gave you the wrong link,
    http://passport.sympatico.ca/userprofiledetection.aspx?aot=selfcare&lang=en
    is the right one, sorry.

I also have HTAstop installed (will disable that) and, I'll tyr your suggestions, though I have had these enabled in prevous attempts, other than that those Internet Options should be fine right? In particular navigating sub-frames across diff domains? That sort of log in wouldn't be a sub-frame right?

9. jon123

jon123 Registered Member

ok, I re-enabled HTAs, turn ZA off, set Internet Options to low, re-loaded page, and I still get the error:

You are about to be redirected to a connection that is not secure.
    The info. you are sending to the current site ,ight be retransmitted to a nonsecure site. Do you wish to continue?

To which I click ok. Info is sent (progress bar progresses, activity lights blinking on modem) but the same error message reocurrs as many times as I resubmit.

10. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

That setting is part of the Tools\Internet Options\Advanced tab in IE 6....and possibly is in IE 5.5 also....but it's been soooo long since I have used that less secure version I'm not 100 % sure.

When the Security Alert pops up....do you not have a check box dealing with....In the future do not show this warning ? In any case look in that Advanced tab and see if there is that selection and check mark that box.

Attached Files:

11. jon123

jon123 Registered Member

Actually all the warnings, that is the last three, I disabled a while back (mentioned that above), it's under the adv. tab in 55 too.

This is why I don't understand why I'm getting the error. IE confirms I'm in a trusted zone indicated bottom right of IE window.
    Perhaps I'm being redirected to a site not in my trusted zone?

It's starting to look as though I'd better clone this drive and clone back a copy without anything installed and try again. That will take me some time to do. jeez louise. Where's that smilley with the rolling eyes?
    Don't have tls enabled.

Could try the internet zone b4 that I suppose, any ideas?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  12. jon123

jon123 Registered Member

No suggestions?

13. jon123

jon123 Registered Member

Success! sort of:

Removing sympatico from the trusted site and using default settings for the Internet did it, with everything running and configured as before, (including having the warn~ options disabled as before).

Seems as though somethings upset my trusted zone. o_O

Last edited: Mar 9, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.