Flash Cookie Cleaner Just Released!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by NICK ADSL UK, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Flash Cookie Cleaner 150; Just Released!

Flash Cookie Cleaner:

Flash Cookie Cleaner is a freeware application from ConsumerSoft that allows you to view and delete the flash cookies from your computer.
    What are Flash Cookies?

Flash Cookies are small bits of data saved by websites you visit. They can be used to store website settings and info (like Flash game scores), to track website behavior, and to target advertisments. These cookies can reveal what websites you have visited. Also known as PIE (persistent identification element) and LSO’s (local shared objects).
    http://www.flashcookiecleaner.com/

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Interesting thanks, CCleaner really should just implement this.

3. GrailVanGogh

GrailVanGogh Registered Member

Does program this delete the flash security settings like CCleaner does?

CCleaner can be set up to protect the settings.sol in the Options - Exclude section but I would imagine that not to many take the time to Include or Exclude options.

4. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

What are you talking about? The post is for deleting flash cookies not protecting them... :D

5. acuariano

acuariano Registered Member

hey guys this app not only delete flash cookies,,,regular ones too..i had to log onto the site again.

6. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Hi DasFox,

These settings in CCleaner:
    (with thanks to Grail Knight at DSLR)

7. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

Thanks for the tip.

8. acuariano

do you know the settings for xp..?

9. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Here are my XP settings:

Include in CCleaner (Select Add Folder):

C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects

C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys

Exclude in CCleaner (Select Add File):

C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\settings.sol

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  10. acuariano

thanks it's really great help.

11. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

BetterPrivacy, a Firefox extension, does the same thing...plus it deletes the flash folders either upon opening or closing Firefox or both. Also has an option for settings.sol.

12. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Nice info y'all, thx.

13. 1boss1

1boss1 Registered Member

Here is my settings, storage disabled in settings, storage locations can't be written to, no programs or extensions involved and never worry about it again. Not once have a found a reason for it to be enabled.

flash-cookies.png

14. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

15. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Hi,

Yes and no ;)

That Adobe Flash Player settings site is where you configure your settings for it.
    Those settings are stored on your settings.sol file.
    But that's about it. It's only half of the story.
    You may want to keep and protect your settings (whatever they are).
    You might also want to look at what other files (and cookies...) the Adobe Flash Player stores on your system when you use it....

Allow me to give some links about it at DSLR:
    Adobe buys Omniture and we can kiss our privacy goodbye
    [Free] Flash Cookie Cleaner Just Released!
    Cleaning Flash Cookies With CCleanaer
    [Need Info] Flush Flash Questions

16. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

Apparently CCleaner will list Flash Player under Applications>Multimedia and can clean it's files for you without having to use the Custom Files and Folders options for the IE version of Flash Player but not the Firefox plugin version. If you only have the Firefox plugin version it will not even be listed under Applications>Multimedia in CCleaner. At least that's how it is on my systems. I usually only have the FF plugin but temporarily installed the IE ActiveX version just to see.

Anyway, I went ahead and set up my Custom Files and Folders to be cleaned as instructed by FanJ and CCleaner did remove the stored items in the selected folders without touching the settings.sol file which I assume contains your global preferences for Flash Player.

I have a question though. Why is it that when I go to the Flash Player Global Security Settings website (after cleaning with CCleaner) that if I go to the Website Storage tab it still lists the websites I have visited that had previously left the flash cookies that I cleaned? Are these site names stored in the settings.sol file that is excluded?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.