Flash and Graphic block Opera 10

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by raakii, Aug 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raakii

raakii Registered Member

I want to know whether there is any way to display flash block and grahic block button in opera 10 as in opera 9.64(where it is shown near address bar).
    HAs anyone have this button in oper 10.Or is there any way to take the button from opera 9.64.

Attached Files:

2. Pliskin

Pliskin Registered Member

Same way you put them in Opera 9.64, follow these instructions: http://my.opera.com/antoniathlonnt/blog/2009/01/29/how-to-make-flash-blocker

My short version:

Copy _Antiflash.css

in "C:\Documents and Settings\*****\Application Data\Opera\Opera 10\profile\styles\user" folder

then copy

ButtonXX, "Select user CSS file"="Select user CSS file, 17, , "Flash Blocker on", "Transfer Loading" > Deselect user CSS file, 17, , "Flash Blocker off", "Transfer Failure""

in toolbar.ini (C:\Documents and Settings\*****\Application Data\Opera\Opera\profile\toolbar)

The most important is that number 17, it should be higher than 16, because by default there are 16 css files.

3. raakii

raakii Registered Member

I had that article b4 , it was too difficult to follow that.Now i am able to do it. Thanks.Opera 9.64 portable had these buttons inbuilt.Suddenly they removed these buttons in Opera 10 which is supposed to be an improvement.

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

opera 10 portable does have those buttons.
    the buttons on the right hand side
    you can get opera 10 beta 2 portable here

Attached Files:

5. raakii

raakii Registered Member

Thanks ,i need to know whether the portable is self updateable?Because earlier version of portable do not support auto update.

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Opera 9 itself doesnt support auto update.
    I dont think the autoupdate in opera 10 will work with opera 10 portable but what is wrong with just downloading the lastest portable version upgrade version as a .zip file and extracting it to the folder? thats how ive always upgraded opera 9 portable.

7. raakii

raakii Registered Member

Doesnt it destroy the profile settings?

8. lodore

lodore Registered Member

There is update zip files here example up964.zip will update opera 9x to opera 9.64 and will keep the profile settings.
    Always best to make a backup of the whole folder first thou.

im not sure what would happern if you had opera 9x and downloaded opera9.64.zip and extracted it to the folder.
    You can always experiment by backing up the folder and then trying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.