Fix MBR Mssed Up My System!!!

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by Infected1, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infected1

Infected1 Registered Member

I was having some disk problems so I booted from the Partition manager 11 boot cd. I did the fix or correct mbr (don't remember exact wording) and when I rebooted not only had my registries been put back to about a month ago but ALL MY FILES ARE GONE AS WELL!!! What is wrong with this product!!! Since when does fixing the mbr rewrites the windows registries!!! I have used other mbr fixers and have never had registries changed let alone lose all my files!!! I am going to smash that boot CD with a hammer and completely remove your retarded product from my system! I will NEVER use another Paragon product again!!! This is unacceptable and I hope when someone like a business loses critical data they sue your pants off!!!

2. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

My apologies for any inconvenience that may have occurred, but the fix MBR tool does exactly that, it attempts to fix the MBR of the Hard disk, and just to clarify the MBR is the first 64KB of the actual hard drive and has nothing to do with any partitions that exist on the disk. It does not adjust the registry or modify it in any way. Could you please give more detail into what you were attempting to do, as well as what issues you were running into with your disk in the fist place, so I can assist you in recovering your operating system. I would highly recommend using the disk image utility first off to make sure you get a good backup of your system so there is no data loss.

Attached is an explanation of the MBR below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_boot_record

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.