Fix-It Utilities

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Antarctica, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

I have two question regarding this Software. Is there a trial version? I can't find it on the site. And if you buy it, do you get free upgrade or you must pay full price for each new version?

Thanks in advance.:)

2. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

HI Antarctica,

I'm not currently using Fix-It Utilities anymore, but I did use the '05 version a couple of years ago. I remember when they released their '06 version, that they offered a "discounted upgrade"....but from what I've been told, the '05 version would continue to run and work indefinitely. It's just that any product improvements, enhancements, addtions, etc. in the newer version users would have to pay to upgrade to the new version.

HTH

3. Antarctica

Thanks JRCATES for your input. I find Fix-It Utilities expensive anyway and also there is no trial version. In the mean time I downloaded Ace Utilities trial version and I will test it in the next few days.:)

Cheers

4. JRCATES

That's great, because that's one product I have been looking at and considering as well. Please report back your opinions and findings regarding it. :)

Oh, and speaking of "renewal costs"....I believe I saw somewhere that Ace Utilities is a one-time, "lifetime license" purchase....but I'm wondering if that is a TRUE lifetime license (with NO renewal or upgrade costs)....or if it is simply "free updates and upgrades for the current version" (some software companies advertise a one-time fee with no "YEARLY renewal".... but charge "upgrade costs" for what they consider a "Major release/new version")

5. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

This is what I need as well I hope!!!!!

I've got and old IBM pentium 2 which gives me a loud moan on start up and a nasty message

NTLDR missing press Ctrl>Alt>del to restart, if one does this same message!

Is this PC toast?

Is there a utility to run to fix it?

6. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

7. Antarctica

Hi JRCATES,
    I did contact Acelogix regarding the licence and here is the answer:

"All future upgrades of this software are free" so this is good news.

Now I started to play with it last night and so far I am pleased by what I see. In the option, you can really configure it the way you like it to work.One other nice thing is that it backs up automatically the deleted entries, so you can always revert it in case of problems.
    Anyways I have FD ISR and I will make a image before deleting anything with AceUtilities.

8. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Hi Antarctica,

Sorry that I'm late.
    About Fix-It:

Price: $49.95
    http://www.v-com.com/product/Fix-It_Utilities_Home.html

Upgrade price: $39.95
    http://www.v-com.com/download/upgrade.html

I don't think that there is a trial version (I could be wrong however).

===
    Anyway, I saw that you're trying Ace-Utilities.
    PS: did you see this:
    "(Those who have bought Ace Utilities are eligible for a free copy of Registry Defragmenter & Compactor.)"
    http://www.acelogix.com/regcompact.html

Cheers, Jan.

9. Antarctica

Hi FanJ,
    Thanks for your input.:)
    So, I was right there is trial version. Usuallly I don't buy Software if I cannot try it before. The only exception I made was for BoClean.

Ace Utilities is much cheaper and upgrade is free, so I guess I will forget anyway about Fix-It.:p

10. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Hi Lucus1985:

thanks for the links, saved them all! Looks like I have some serious remedial work to do on old clunker. Good, should learn a lot!

I'm going to have to get that utility from MS called Bcupdate2.

UNLESS SOMEONE HERE TAKES PITY AND TELLS ME A WAY TO AVOID GATES IN GETTING IT!

If 1985 is your birth year you may be too young for this forum!:D

Best regards

11. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

I don´t know any lucus1985 :ninja: :D
    Yep, NTLDR missing/not found is a recurrent problem :'(
    Yes, 1985 is my birth year.
    You´re welcome :thumb:

12. JRCATES

Thanks for that info, Antarctica :thumb:

BTW...regarding Ace Utilities.....I was reading somewhere and someone had posted that Ace Utilities didn't "use a lot of memory and system resources" :blink:

That caught my attention, because if it is used "ON DEMAND" to clean the registry and disk, etc., what difference would that make? Then, I read that it "manages startup programs" as well....and that has me wondering, is Ace Utilities a "startup program" itself? In order to manage startups? Or can it still do that job without having to be ran resident (i.e. - you can "disable programs" when the GUI is open, it will act upon and remember the settings, but then be used only on demand afterward)?

Don't know that I would actually use this feature of it (WinPatrol PLUS does a great job at this)....but just thought I'd ask about it anyway.

Thanks

13. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Hi JRCATES,

Are you talking about Ace Utilities - AutoStart Manager ?
    http://www.acelogix.com/utilities/startup_organizer.html

As far as I know you start it by yourself; or am I wrong....

Cheers, Jan.

14. Antarctica

Hi jrcates,
    It doesn't use any resources until you start it manually and after you close it the memory is released.

The Startup Manager is very configurable (It's not a startup program itself). You can choose to display the Startup Program,Windows Services, Known DLL'S,WinLogon,Boot.exe,Drivers,Winsock Providers and a few others.

You could downloaded and test it. It has a 30 days free trial and so far it's been running nice on my PC.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.