FirstDefense-ISR has a new home!

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Leapfrog Software, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Now I've got an even better idea, since Todd has done such an excellent job designing and developing FD, let's put Todd also in charge of design and development for Rollback too! (The crash that we are hearing in the background is Todd passing out and falling off his chair :D )

Acadia

2. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Impossible, they are two COMPLETELY DIFFERENT technologies and, quite frankly, both are probably not needed. Those with both on their systems are probably just having fun (and protecting themselves with imaging programs).

Acadia

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Acadia

That the technologies be merged, I agree to diffferent. But having them both isn't a toy. Rollback is undoubtly significantly faster to use. But in the back of my mind I am aware it is a more... shall we say fragile technology. Since daily imaging isn't a good solution with Rollback, FDISR bridges the gap beautifuly. I just periodically update my FDISR archive, or before any significant event, and then if Rollback performs as it should, which version 8 has, fine. But if something goes wrong, I have a perfect backup. Not a toy.

Pete

4. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

FDISR will backup Rollback and all it's snapshots and save them to an archive? I mean Rollback can save its archives but you only get the one snapshot you are restoring.

Thanks,

Chris

5. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Hi Chris,

I don't know if FDISR is backing up Rollback and all it's snapshots and save them on my archives but, I presume, that if it is not the case now that Horizon Datasys have access to FDISR technologie maybe the situation could change and soon, FD-ISR might be able to archive Rollback and all is snapshots... :shifty:

Atomas31

6. Peter2150

Hi Chirs

No it just archives the active system, what ever snapshot that might be. Might not work for some, but is fine for me.

Pete

7. dallen

dallen Registered Member

There is no need to change the forum policy. My understanding is that the forum section is titled "Leapfrog Software" not "Raxco Software." Since First Defense-ISR (Raxco's Branded version of Leapfrog Software's Technology) is effectively going away, wouldn't it make sense to keep the "Leapfrog Software" section of the forum, but replace the "First Defense-ISR" subsections with the Horizon DataSys Inc. branded subsections?

8. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Um, no. The name Raxco was never in the forum section names here, so why would we now put Horizon DataSys Inc. into the names?

Leapfrog Software has the relationship with us here, not any of their distributors, so there is no need to change any forum section names. The Leapfrog Software product (the "technology" as Todd calls it) is "First Defense-ISR". Raxco called it that when they distributed it, now Horizon DataSys Inc. is calling it that. No changes are warranted here at Wilders Security because one distributor has changed.

9. screamer

screamer Registered Member

What's gonna happen w/ Software Pursuits... Will they continue to distribute BootBack?

I got an e-mail from Susie / Raxco today. She said that they will continue to support FD-ISR.

So if I have an issue w/ FD-ISR, do I contact Raxco or Horizon. If I have an issue w/ BootBack...?

I have both FD-ISR & BootBack, as you probably already figured out :blink:

...screamer

10. dallen

dallen Registered Member

LowWaterMark,
    Um...OK. Sorry. I was under the impression from previous discussions that Leapfrog developed the technology and licensed that technology to various resellers/distributors (whatever you want to call them) and that Raxco as one of those resellers/distributors called their version "First Defense-ISR." Under this understanding it is perfectly reasonable to infer that the name of the product could very well change. It didn't make sense to me to have the subsections of the forum labled "First Defense-ISR" if the name of the product changed to something like "Rollback RX." Apparently, my understanding was erroneous. That being said...It's your forum so you can lable the sections and subsection however you please and I won't lose any sleep over it. I don't frequent this forum because of the way the sections and subsections are named. I come here because of the friendly intellectuals such as yourself.

11. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

There is no reason to assume any change with Software Pursuits, as they are simply another distributor of this technology under their BootBack product name. Only Raxco decided to stop their distribution.

This is as Todd stated in a few posts like this one, and is to be expected given their support agreements with all those who purchased from them.

If you bought from Raxco, and/or purchased additional support from them, then you will continue to deal with them. If you bought BootBack from Software Pursuits, it'd be expected that they'll be your support for that product since nothing has changed with them.

It's rather doubtful that Horizon DataSys would pick up support of all Raxco customers since none of those customers purchased from them or paid them for support. I'd be very surprised if they incurred all that expense especially since Raxco still has support commitments to all those who purchased from them.

Indeed they did, however, FirstDefense-ISR is actually a registered trademark of Leapfrog Software, which is why the sections were called that here. While it looks like Horizon DataSys will be using that same name now, I supposed they could also call it something else if they wanted, just like Software Pursuits called their version BootBack.

12. Peter2150

Re Raxco technical support and FDISR see this post.

Has several people have mentioned they've received emails from some of the people at Raxco which means those folks are back, and a bit of the pressure is off.

13. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

is there a Vista version yet? i miss it..:(

14. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

This is the latest final version of FDISR :

Product : FirstDefense-ISR Professional
    Version : 3.20 Build 202

- compatible with winVista, win2000pro, winXPhome and winXPpro
    - no change in MBR anymore
    - uncompressed and compressed snapshots

Upgrade can be downloaded from this link :
    http://www.raxco.com/support/windows/updates.cfm#fdisr

15. Bio-Hazard

Bio-Hazard Registered Member

Thats fantastic news! :thumb:

16. Bio-Hazard

Bio-Hazard Registered Member

I also got a e-mail from raxco support although there was a delay on their response, but atleast they responded. Thats good news that they are finally responding to our support request. My problem sorted it self out so i dont need their help no more.

Kristian

17. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

Not seen any official announcements yet.

18. Leapfrog Software

Leapfrog Software Leapfrog Management

Not to worry, HDS is preparing the press release and I'll post it soon.

19. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Thank You Todd.

You guys and gals at Leapfrog are in a class of your own. And YES, it's no going out on a limb by saying FD-ISR is Legendary & Historical!!!

Your team is to be very highly commended for such an excellent work.

Again my own sincere thanks to you and i know i speak for a HUGE multitude of other satisfied customers as well. This program AFAIK is made it's indeligible mark in Windows computer history.

20. Leapfrog Software

Dude, you rock! ;) Thanks for the kind comments.

21. Leapfrog Software

Heads Up: HDS is still working on the press release and other details. Looks like it will be next week, when I post it. Have a good weekend, all!

22. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.