FirstDefense-ISR Anything better ?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by TECHWG, May 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

So far i have not seen anything that can beat FD-isr . .

Do any of you have any others you think are good ?

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Being an FDISR user, and having also used Rollback I would sum it up this way.

If you are an average user then both program will serve you well. If however, you are an avid beta tester and subject your system to hangs and crashs, then I think FDISR is more robust.

Also from a view of imaging for disaster recovery purposes, I think FDISR is the clear winner at this point.

Pete

4. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

Depends on the user needs

For me FD ISR for my dad Rollback. For 100% relaible with persistent snapshots ans archiving FD ISR. For just plain easy to use Rolloback although FD is easy to use jsut a bit slower at switching between snapshots

5. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Rollback Rx (RBx) has some really cool advantages over FDISR, like ease of use, speed of creating/restoring a snapshot and much lower use of disk space to store snapshots. Those features are what lured me to RBx.

On the negative side, RBx requires an uninstall in order to disable it's activity in your system and if you do that, you lose all of RBx's snapshots! FDISR can simply be disabled and its snapshots remain intact.

Finally, based on my experience I would say FDISR is definitely more reliable than the current version of RBx. My intent here is not to flame RBx, but the facts are that it did mess up my system a couple of times (and yes, I'm sure it was RBx that brought about the problem)!

So at this point in time, I say go with the most reliable product (FDISR) - after all, isn't that the very most important factor for this class of software?

------------

PS. Imho, this thread should be moved to either 'FirstDefense-ISR' or 'Software & Services'.

Last edited: May 13, 2006
  6. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Who makes the best anti-virus, NOD or KAV? :D (In other words, two excellent programs :cool: !).

Acadia

7. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Neither, it's F-Secure! :D
    (actually, F-Secure uses 3 AV engines and one of them is KAV).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.