First post

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by mimo2005, Dec 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mimo2005

mimo2005 Registered Member

Anyone familiar with tds 3

i am trying to help a friend after the tds3 scan , we got this result :

How can i remove them , it says they are locked in log ,and where are they ? are they under the windows folder or in the AV quarantine o_O
    please just show me the way ,thx

21:41:46 [Locked File] Couldn't open c:\windows\$ntuninstallkb826939$\accwiz.exe for read access, file is locked
    21:41:46 [Locked File] Couldn't open c:\windows\$ntuninstallkb826939$\hh.exe for read access, file is locked
    21:41:47 [Locked File] Couldn't open c:\windows\$ntuninstallkb826939$\locator.exe for read access, file is locked
    21:41:47 [Locked File] Couldn't open c:\windows\$ntuninstallkb826939$\magnify.exe for read access, file is locked
    21:41:47 [Locked File] Couldn't open c:\windows\$ntuninstallkb826939$\migwiz.exe for read access, file is locked
    21:41:47 [Locked File] Couldn't open c:\windows\$ntuninstallkb826939$\narrator.exe for read access, file is locked
    21:41:47 [Locked File] Couldn't open c:\windows\$ntuninstallkb826939$\ntkrnlpa.exe for read access, file is locked
    21:41:47 [Locked File] Couldn't open c:\windows\$ntuninstallkb826939$\ntoskrnl.exe for read access, file is locked
    21:41:47 [Locked File] Couldn't open c:\windows\$ntuninstallkb826939$\osk.exe for read access, file is locked
    21:41:49 [Locked File] Couldn't open c:\windows\$ntuninstallkb828741$\comrepl.exe for read access, file is locked

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi mimo2005, These are hidden system files used by windows when you need to uninstall a program.
    To see them you need to open windows explorer in the Tools - Folder Options - view tab click "Show hidden files and folders" and unclick the "Hide protected and operating system files (recommended)"

These files are protected so cannot be opened normally as a security precaution.

HTH Pilli

3. mimo2005

thnx for the quick reply

so my question now , are they infected ? that s why they are locked ?

or

they are not infected and they are only locked because they belong to the windows system ?

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Yes, I doubt very much that they are infected :) They are locked for system protection / integrity.
    When you run a full scan with TDS3 you should enable every option in scan control - Scan options and in Generic enable both and push the slider to it's max setting.
    Ensure that you have the latest radius file from here:
    http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=update Follow the Manual update instructions on that page.

Note: Before doing a full scan it is better to completely disable your resident Anti virus scanner and you can always run the scan from Safe mode if necessary.

HTH Pilli

5. mimo2005

thank you sir .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.