First impression Final 3.0.551.0

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Big Apple, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

First impression so far: openeningspeed webpages ok, graphics loading ok, mailtagging still a problem. It feels good, light etc. I'm happy, so far.

2. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

Have to redraw my first statement. Now there are the same things happening again, slow opening of some webpages and the red crosses are appearing again. Too bad.....and I don't like fiddling around as much as I have done with the betas, so I have decided to uninstall Nod for the time being, as I am not happy with a final release with all these hickups. After what I have been reading here today.......my feeling is: should this 551 really be a final?
    I expected a far more stable Nod32.

3. GAN

GAN Registered Member

I have to agree. I tried nod32 3.0.551 for a couple of days, but found version 2.7 to work much better so i also ended up with a uninstall of version 3.

I really like nod32 so hopefully this problems will be solved pretty fast. What i find a bit worrying is that some users here said they reported some problems in beta 1, 2 and rc1 and still not fixed in the final release. Since it seems like fixing bugs sometimes take a very long time it would be nice with some more information from eset. If they fixed bugs very fast the information wouldn't be that important, but feel like a lot of people are waiting and have no idea how long they have to wait for bugs to be fixed.

Even if this is the official eset support forum it doesn't always feel that way since replies from eset is very rare. I do however believe that some eset employees in this forum try to do their best, but often don't have the answer either.

4. poutine

poutine Registered Member

Hi Big Apple/GAN,
    I was also amazed to see that the version i reported serious glitches in became the first final release . I guess deadlines had to be met !! Seems a shame they didnt release a pre-release to some chosen few to play with for a few days prior to launch.
    I found the RC1 was much more stable, so i have no idea what happened.
    I have been a registered NOD32 user for 3 years and never EVER had cause to complain before, reading some of my comments on here you might think i was having a pop at eset but that isnt the case and i have been helping the tech guys with all the info they requested from me, i am just a bit disappointed thats all.
    Still, they emailed me to say that they are working hard to fix everything reported as quickly as possible, and i bet within a few weeks we'll be looking at a much improved app. ;)

5. JimGoo

JimGoo Guest

I really like (most of) the new layout. But for some reason the program seems more "jittery" when I access the Internet (same old, boring sites I read every day) :D

NOD 2.7 was "smoother," IMO. Then again, a few "jitterbugs" in this first official program release does not hinder me one bit from using/recommending the program.

Thanks again, ESET, for giving us a viable option in the world of commercial, big-company AV programs. :thumb:

6. TJP

TJP Registered Member

I'm having zero issues with version 3.0.551.0 - I'm guesssing I am one of the lucky few based on some of the threads.

I really like the new interface, it is quite easy to navigate around. I'm sure those daunted by the previous version will like this interface. I liked the "ugly" 2.7 interface too.

One ommision I'd like to see included in a future release/update is the program remembering when I've entered my password to change key settings. I dislike having to enter my password twice to change a scheduled task. I much prefer the way the Kaspersky products handles this aspect.

Would also be nice if ram usage can be reduced, its not really a big deal for most users but I have a feeling that some will equate additional ram usage as "bloat factor".

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  7. deanmartin

deanmartin Registered Member

I like it, no problems and same speed or better. :D

8. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

Terrible. Unstable (jittery as someone else mentioned) and a resource pig of the highest order. I've gone back to 2.7.

9. nodHead

nodHead Registered Member

I haven't gone back to 2.7, if NOD32 Version 3 gets that bad I'll just go back to Kaspersky V7.

Funny think here, a lot of fellow NodHeads like to make fun of Kaspersky and call it Kaspershit and the like but with NOD32 Version 3 and it's shakiness - do I get to call it Nodshit? As a paying customer I am quite honestly pissed at what ESET has released. :cautious:

10. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Some may be having problems but not all.

At any rate, clean up the language and feel free to report any posts on these forums and in this forum that are bashing type posts.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  11. stratoc

stratoc Guest

back to 2.7 here too, as i bought nod for it's leaness, which seems to have vanished in v3, and apart from the gui i cant see any difference.

12. spamyou

spamyou Registered Member

I just installed newly released 3.0 as well. Outlook express + dropmyrights does not work with nod 3.0 on my computer. I uninstalled dropmyrights, then it would work, kinda, but outlook express hangs when i try to close it and dings that error message at me, then crashes.

Did not even bother trying with browsing. back to 2.7 for me it works fine.

13. djmorgan

djmorgan Registered Member

Just upgrade, loaded over the top, ran a scan set up a schedule having no problems at all.

The Oz site sent an email saying I could try ESS free for the rest of my licence but that does not seem to be the case as I can't down load ESS with my keys!

14. nodHead

nodHead Registered Member

Just saying that $64 AUD a year should buy something a bit more polished and capable than what NOD32 Version 3 is, clearly flawed. :eek:

15. Ngwana

Ngwana Registered Member

The 64-bit version of NOD 32 working smooth with 64-bit Vista so far. I have not checked scan times but I am highly impressed. Outlook 2007 seems to be fine. :D

16. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Far too buggy for my taste, firewall is still acting weird (ess).
    Think I'll wait a year or two before I use it, some day the firewall will just die leaving my system completely open. No thanks.

17. QS

QS Registered Member

Installed overtop of 2.7 without a hitch. Hate the new ui really looks kiddie to me... and above all the most annoying thing I have seen is that you have to jump through more steps to disable to RTS. I dunno doesn't seem glitchy at all but definately wish they had opted to give a "classic" feel to this v3 line... Ohh well as long as detection remains exceptional I guess I can live with this joke of a UI...

18. nodyforever

nodyforever Registered Member

you can confirm in the imagen down:

Attached Files:

19. Ngwana

Ngwana Registered Member

Lets hope NOD 32 v3 will be fixed for your case and others. I have tried to test every feature and most reported 'jitters' but it seems I am one of the lucky one: it seems flawless on Vista 64-bit, scan times faster than v2.7, Outlook 2007 tags fine, Exclusions not giving an error and no issues with websites. Hmmmn! I will keep an eye on this thread. :cool:

20. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I'll wait to hear some more +/- reviews before I upgrade. From the above comments, it appears that your results might depend slightly on your setup from what I've read.:)

21. Eagle Creek

Eagle Creek Global Moderator

There is no "non-suite" version available, is there?
    I mean: I like NOD but I don't have the need for a firewall, antispam or anispyware.
    It's nice to have an all-in-one available, but Antivirus is all I need from NOD :oops: .

22. Thiggy

Thiggy Registered Member

There is both; your choice. Either is now available at www.eset.com in the download area. :)

23. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Can you define what "jitters" are?:)

24. Windd

Windd Registered Member

I'm back on v2.7 too. To much resources eating from v3.0.

And I don't like the new GUI (Vista style:ouch: ) + tray icon doesn't feel "right" too.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  25. Ngwana

Ngwana Registered Member

Check post #5. it seems some experience less or no 'smooth' performance compared to v 2.7. In my case for now things run smooth. Let us keep an eye as more impressions are posted. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.