First Defense Will Not Boot Into Primary

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by silver0066, Jul 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

Well Folks, it happened again. Last nite after reinstalling FDISR, I could boot to my Primary. This morning I looked at a few internet sites, used Quicken to enter some transactions, and Outlook to get my email. No programs were installed.

Then I copied my "Test" snapshot to my "Primary" to again see if all was well. The primary would not boot. Same symtoms as previously described. I then turned off the computer with the power button and rebooted into the "Test" snapshot. I then again copied the Test to the Primary and the Primary booted okay.

This inconsistency with the program is very troubling. I have lost my confidence in the program. It worked great for a few weeks and now it is not a reliable solution for me for testing. I will speak with Raxco tomorrow to see if they have any ideas.

Thank you all for your help in assisting me in troubleshooting this matter.

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Thanks for calling me a fool and I didn't insinuate anything.
    As a fool, I backup my system partition first when I start fooling around with my system partition, just in case when something goes wrong with FDISR.
    Not every new software loves FDISR. So I take me precautions, when I try new softwares.
    If something goes wrong with FDISR, I only have to recover my system partition and I'm back in business with all my snapshots.

3. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

4. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Silver

Glad you got things sorted a bit. Couple idea's to keep in mind.

The first and most aggrevating is Raxco probably can't help you until the problem reappears.

Second and most important, is the idea of keeping off disk archives when all is working. When CMS bounceback made a mess of First Defense for me, I had manually remove FDISR, and the snapshots. It was a mess. However once I got everything straightened out and FDISR reinstalled the archives would have worked if needed.

Third thing, is obviously there are some programs like things that mess with the MBR, that could cause problems. If I have any doubt I will talk with new software folks prior to installing.

My instinct says since everything is okay once you copied Test back onto primary, that somehow primary got corrupted. We will keep our fingers crossed for you. I know I can say FDISR has never let me down.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.