First Defense ISR

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by maddawgz, Mar 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Hi i installed First Defense and pc cillian is picking up trojan Patch c/$ISR system volume.. and quarantined it..can i stop this anyway i did email ROxio.thanks MD

Last edited: Mar 24, 2005
  2. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

GOOD GRIEF!! First of all, I did not understand one word of your post, and secondly, did you try contacting Raxco tech support, they may not be perfect but compared to most other tech supports they are pretty darn good.

Acadia

P.S. If you do indeed contact Raxco, how about posting to them in NORMAL English. :doubt:

Acadia

3. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

lol ! Ouch Acadia .

4. maddawgz

sorry dyslexic. :D :D :D :D

5. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

LOL. Actually, I really am trying to help; I believe that FirstDefense is one of the undiscovered gems of the Internet. But in order to help, I've got to understand what exactly intarnation the problem is!! :doubt:

Acadia

6. maddawgz

ok. let me try again..lol np

I installed FD ISR Great product..let me say!! now i noticed today trend my real time scanner had come up adn said trojan patch? qaurantied it..when i went to look at the qaurantine list..it said c/$ISR system volume..malicious file..exe..now do i restore this as First Defence might need it..beco'z i had created 2 snapshots with this program..and noticed in my qaurantine there where 2 c/$ISR system volume exe's so im thinking its picking up my snapshots...as a malicious file? I disabled system restore and ran a online pc cillian scan as well as A2 free nothing was found..so my question i guess is how do i stop my real time scanner being pc cillian from picking it up and qaurantining them? i only have delete option clean and add in my folder pc cillian..and well it will be anoying if it keeps detecting it..hope that was clearer thanks MD :rolleyes:

Oh and forgot when i run my scanner pc cilian i noticed first thing it scans is monitor $ISR Being this program First defense..so im assuming its a false positive pc is doing..question is how do i stop it quaranting it..

I can change virus scanners..if u reccomend one similiar? i hear AVG free is good? but better then pc cillian im not sure..and i want to keep First Defence

Last edited: Mar 24, 2005
  7. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

What happens when you boot into another Snapshot, do you still get the Trend messages? Yeah, the $ISR folder is almost always the very first thing that gets scanned by all of my various security scanners. KAV 5.0 is the only anti-virus that Raxco lists on its website as being incompatible with FirstDefense and with as many people as use Trend, if there were an incompatiblity issue with Trend I'm sure we that would know about it. Sounds like it might be more of a Trend issue than a FirstDefense issue ... contact Trend tech support? o_O

Good luck,
    Acadia

8. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Folks

Interestingly I did a Trial of KAV Pro 5.0. Installed it in a secondary snap shot. It ran fine, showed my system clean. I didn't like it that much and particularily don't like the ADS issue so I went back to primary and blew it away. On later found out there was an "issue".

Pete

PS I've never tried PCcillin or Trend or whatever is at issue here.

9. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Acadia .
    You are killin me !!!! lol . I love this forum . And I use NOD with nooooo problems whatsoever . Acadia and Pete . Meant to tell you guys I went ahead and bought it . Had to . Too good to pass up .

10. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Hollywoodpc, hope you enjoy it. Like I said above, I believe FD is one of the undiscovered gems of computerdom.

Acadia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.