First Backup Failed - help! (Newby)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cashonly, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cashonly

cashonly Registered Member

In doing my first backup, my system locked up and I got this failure (5 hours into the backup):

Problem Info: Failed to backup file or folder 'C:\Program
    Files\Expertcity\GoToMyPC\g2ldr.log'.
    Problem Details: Error reading the file. (0x40001)
    Tag = 0x61F1883FE50B0A30
    Snapshot read failed. (0x10C45A)
    Tag = 0x14181C22EF45AD23
    Not enough storage is available to process this command (0xFFF0)
    code = 8007000:cool:
    Tag = 0xBD28FDBD64EDB8AF

Here's some info:
    - I have plenty of HD space on both the source and target drives.
    - The indicated file may or may not be used by another program (but I thought TI could handle that)

Also, when I looked at my system, I saw the above message... is there a way for the program to run and automatically ignore or skip things like these and let me view them in a report later rather than be required to respond to them immediately?

TIA,

Cash

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

What version and build of True Image are you using?
    What operating system, XP or Vista?
    How much of your system drive is actually used space?
    Try doing the backup with the Rescue cd instead of from the installed software.

3. cashonly

I'm using Win XP Pro.
    My source drive is about 20% full and destination is 60% full.
    As a test I set up a small backup and just backed up the directory with the specified offending file and it worked fine.

So, I guess a question I have is this: Is there a way to automatically retry X number of times? Is there a way to automatically skip or ignore? I want this to run unattended and then handle any problems afterward.

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

I think you have something else going on besides the True Image software. Is the target drive internal or external? I'm trying to get a handle on why the backup was running for as much as 5 hours. With a 20% full drive, even with a 1Tb drive, it should not take so long.

5. cashonly

Does it matter that I'm backing up to a drive on a networked PC?

6. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

If you mean speed-wise, it might. Depends on how you're networked and what the transfer speed is.
    Also, about the 5 hour thing. Did the error pop up after 5 hours, or was it 5 hours later that you noticed it? It other words, is it possible that the error message actually appeared 1 hour after the backup started and you only noticed it 5 hours later.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello cashonly,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build of the respective version of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If that doesn't solve the problem, could you please clarify build and version name of Acronis True Image you are using? You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.