First auto update problems

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Robyn, May 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I ran the trial version of NOD without any update problems at all. I have been running the full version for a month or so now happy to see when I boot my notebook NOD collected any updates before I could even check myself.

Oever the last few days I have had to click to check for an update and found there was one each time. I was prompted for my password which I had to re-type into the box and the update downloaded without problems. Normally I like to check all my software for updates before doing anything but NOD is the only one I was happy about it finding the updates without me.

Time Module Event User
    04/05/2005 18:13:43 Update Function: DownloadAuthorization, parameters: , return value: 401

04/05/2005 18:13:43 Update Update attempt failed (Incorrect username or password.)

Time Module Event User
    06/05/2005 07:53:52 Update Function: DownloadAuthorization, parameters: , return value: 401

The only change I made to my computer was installing MSBA and this loads at start up now - it was only after this NOD didn't like to go for an update - could this be the reason as I will configure MSBS not to load (hopefully) if I thought it was conflicting with NOD :'(

Edit: just checked MSBAS - no blocked events logged so this is mostl likely not be the reason. I really would like to know why NOD wants my password when it is already there o_O
    Thank you for any advice.

Last edited: May 6, 2005
  2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Your Username and Password are incorrect, can you please re-enter them in the Control Centre> Update> update> Setup.

Cheers :D

3. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Thanks Blackspear, I am using my main computer now but I did type my user name and password over again and manually found the update.

Are there 2 places to copy the user name and password into? I will check my settings as soon as I have my notebook on and see if I have only set them again in the one place (hopefully there is two places and this is the reason my auto didn't work) o_O

4. Blackspear

My pleasure.

Easily done, we always recommend to copy and paste the UN and PW in, being careful not to add a space before or after each, as this will be seen by Nod32 as part of the UN or PW.

Indeed there is; 1 is the Control Centre> Update> update (which is where it needs to go). The other is in a popup box that appears when a UN or PW is found to be incorrect. However the popup box does not retain the UN and PW. So I really don’t see the point of it having the ability to place them in, rather it should just be a warning box.

Hope this helps…

5. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Thanks again Blackspear - it was the popup box which I typed into therefore it will not retain the setting. I have still some things to do on my main PC but will follow your directions later when I have my notebook on again.

Thank you so much as I am sure now I just need to fix the control panel one - will post back and let you know ;)

6. Blackspear

No worries, for a screenshot, see post number 50 and 51 here.

7. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Blackspear, just to let you know the auto update worked without issue this morning :) I am not at all sure why the password went wrong but when I copied it into the box which remembers my update is back to normal now ~ thank you ~

8. Blackspear

Good to see, and my pleasure ;) :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.