Firewall won't start

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Meister, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meister

Meister Registered Member

Windows crashed earlier today and after the reboot this happened:

failedfirewalltc8.jpg

I've reinstalled 5 times. Cleaned all registry keys that had "eset" in it. Nothing.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2007
  2. RwR

RwR Registered Member

Try install ESS to another folder on your HDD.

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

@ Meister

If your Windows crashed earlier this day , try to first use System Restore to restore to previous state .
    Open Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore
    Choose to restore to a date/state before the crash happened . Follow the instructions . Your computer reboot .

After you have done your System Restore and after you have got back to previous state ,your ESS might be corrupted . So, run the ESS installer and it will offer you to either Repair or Uninstall ESS . You choose to uninstall/remove ESS !

After reboot , you can reinstall it following this procedure:

1. Download fresh new ESS from http://download1.eset.com/special/essbeta1b/ess_nt32_enu.msi
    2. Delete manually
    - C:\Program files\ESET
    - C:\Documents and Settings\All users\Application data\Eset

3. Install again ESS beta . Use Typical install and keep essbeta for username/password

Should you still have problems with it , ensure you have some firewall turned ON (such as Windows Firewall) and then contact Eset beta support , mail to betasupport[at]eset.sk

4. Meister

Meister Registered Member

Thank you for your replies.

RwR: Actually I had already tried that in my attempts :)

HiTech_boy: I don't have system restore activated but I never deleted the folder in "Application Data" (didn't know it was there but I checked and it is). I will delete the folder and attempt another reinstall as soon as possible.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Keep it enabled for future cases , it may save lives ;)

and let us know how you go :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.