Firewall settings gone after 3/2/11 update

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by SBMongoos, Mar 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SBMongoos

SBMongoos Registered Member

I noticed after yesterdays update that the rules and zone settings were gone after yesterday's update. I was running ESS 4.2.67.10. I found an update date so I just went a had and installed it and am slowly building the rules and zones as I have it set to interactive.

Is this normal at certain update intervals? Been using ESS for some time now and this is the first I've seen this happen. PC is clean.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Rules and zones can be deleted without user's intervention only only during uninstallation of ESS. Maybe the data file where this information is stored got corrupted somehow.

3. SBMongoos

Would be odd. I clearly know that I did not delete. The PC is off when I'm not around and not using it. Right after yesterdays update it started asking me to authorize connections. I have ESS password protected for any of these types of changes.

4. SBMongoos

Happened again tonight. Very odd as this has not happened before. Taking place now on my laptop and my desktop with the latest version. This is very annoying when in interactive mode which I prefer.

:mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.